Automatic Revalidation of F and J Visas

If you travel to an adjacent country (Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean Islands other than Cuba) to visit there for 30 days or less, your visa stamp is considered automatically revalidated when you re-enter the U.S. When you travel to these countries you do not surrender up your I-94 card because you will need to show it along with your valid passport and I-20 or DS-2019 with a current travel signature. If you have changed your visa status while in the U.S. (for example: from B-2 to F-1) you can still use this procedure to re-enter in F.