Strathclyde University in Glasgow
Strathclyde University is a well-renowned business, humanities and engineering school located in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland. It won U.K. University of the Year in 2012 and facilitates an interactive learning environment. You will learn under proficient lecturers and professors who are professionals in their fields and will help you gain a new insight into your degree. Established in 1796, Strathclyde offers students progressive innovation mixed with a touch of ancestry and heritage. Glasgow is a fantastic city, with Strathclyde located directly in the center, and will provide an inspiring place for you to study in one of the most central places in the world.
Areas of Study:
Courses taught by local faculty. Students have fewer contact hours with professors than they would have in the US. Students are expected to do extensive research and reading outside of class.
Language(s) of Instruction
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
- Requires a 2.75 GPA, good academic standing.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing at the time of departure.
Students from all colleges and majors
Students pay regular Cal Poly Pomona tuition. Students are responsible for all additional travel and living costs. Financial-Aid is transferrable.
Fall: September to December
Final Deadline to Apply: March 1
Spring: January to June
Final Deadline to Apply: October 1
International Students are guaratneed campus housing. After acceptance, you may submit a housing application. For more information on housing options, click here. It is the student’s responsibility to research and prepare hostels/hotels for an early arrival to the country.
- Why You Should Study Abroad at Strathclyde
- Why You Should Study Abroad at Strathclyde pt. 2
- Strathclyde Fact Sheet
- Strathclyde PowerPoint
- City Transit
- Strathclyde Sports Clubs
- Glaswegian Attractions
Students may view the application process for exchange programs and download the following required forms to submit in with their application.
- International Center Application
- Host Institution Application
- Official Transcripts
- Copy of signed passport
- Two passport photos attached to their application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Independent Return Travel Form
- Illegal Drug Use Policy Form
- Conduct of Behavior Form
- Trip Release Form
- Release of Liability Form
- Health Status Report Form – (follow instructions)
March 01 for Fall, October 1 for Spring
Contact Kraig Walkup by phone at (909) 869-2697 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.