Financial Aid & Scholarships
CPP Study Abroad is dedicated to making international educational programs accessible to students. We provide unique educational experiences by offering classes in various locations around the world. Students are immersed in a new culture and gain insight into that culture in settings outside of a classroom. International experiences and understanding of other people and cultures are highly valuable qualities in today’s diverse environment.
CPP Study Abroad and the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships is committed to getting you to your destination and adventure as a study abroad student. We recommend you take care of your finances before you go in order to have a smooth and unforgettable experience. Here are some helpful tips to remember:
- You must complete one of two Financial Aid Applications beginning January 1st each year. Complete your application by March 2nd. If you miss this deadline, you might miss out on eligible funds! Your citizenship status will determine which application you need to complete:
- If you already have financial aid, refer to your award on BroncoDirect and compare your study abroad budget-- will this be enough to cover your expenses?
- If you want to accept your loans and you are a first time borrower, please follow the instructions available on the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships page or BroncoDirect. Your loans will not be disbursed until all steps are completed accurately.
- Federal guidelines will not allow financial aid funds to be released more than 10 days before the academic term begins. Please plan accordingly to meet your program payment deadlines.
- Summer financial aid is very limited, as summer term is an optional term that is not included in financial aid award packages. Generally, the summer aid awarding process begins during the month of May. To inquire about financial aid for study abroad programs, please contact a Financial Aid Counselor to review the options available to you.
- Research scholarship and grants! Visit the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships website as well as the Study Abroad Financial Aid & Scholarships resources on this page to learn more about scholarship and grant opportunities.
- If you are going to Study Abroad with a Non-Cal Poly Pomona program you’ll need to submit an International Consortium Agreement. Complete all sections of this form and return to your Study Abroad Advisor, who will submit your form to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships on your behalf.
- We urge you to meet with a Financial Aid Counselor at least once before you leave to your destination to ensure everything is ready to go and that you understand the process of your financial aid while you’re abroad. Don’t wait until the last minute!
- If you want to learn more about your award or how to increase your loans, you can reach the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships at (909) 869-3700 or visit the Financial Aid Service Counter at Bldg. 98, Tower Side, 3rd floor for additional assistance.
- Lastly, have FUN! Take lots of pictures and don’t forget to send us a post card!