University Library

Voices from Our Past

Harold Wilson (Teaching & Administrative roles at all Campuses, 1936-1974)

Hired by Julian McPhee in 1936 and a key player in the negotiations to acquire the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Ranch for the Pomona Campus. Harold Wilson joined Cal Poly SLO to teach meat animals and by 1946 had become Dean of the Voorhis Campus. He returned to the SLO campus in 1950 to serve as executive dean. He was appointed as administrative vice president and retired in 1974.
 
  audioicon Listen to the Audio Interview ( 1 hr 56 minutes )
Interviewed by Kenneth H. Kitch on July 13, 1972

Until 1966, this University was a branch of Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. The original campus was in San Dimas, at the site of the former Voorhis School for Boys; the campus was later moved to Pomona, at the site of the former Kellogg Arabian Ranch (our present location).

 

Harold Wilson (Teaching & Administrative roles at all Campuses, 1936-1974