Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project (MDTP)
There are two mathematics diagnostic placement tests: Mathematical Analysis (for Mat 12, Mat 105, Mat 106, Mat 125, Mat 191, Mat 194, and Sta 120) and Pre-Calculus/Calculus Readiness (for Mat 112, Mat 114, Mat 120, and Mat 130). Bronco Tutoring offers students MDTP Math Analysis and Pre-Calculus study guides, practice tests, workshops, and one-on-one and group tutoring.
The MATHEMATICS DIAGNOSTIC PLACEMENT TEST (MDPT) is now the MATHEMATICS DIAGNOSTIC TESTING PROJECT (MDTP).
To Prepare for the MDTP, follow these steps:
- Download the MDTP Study Guide (PDF).
- Download a practice test and check answers:
- Visit the California State University/University of California Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project.
- Bring study guides or practice tests to Bronco Tutoring to work with a tutor on problem areas.
- Attend one of the workshops or Mock MDTP practice tests offered by the LRC. Click the Workshop link for information on dates and times.
- Refer to the Department of Mathematics and Statistics for more information on the MDTP.