Employee Resource Center
Learn about campus safety resources for employees.
- Emergency Procedures
- Emergency Communication and the Safety Alert System
- Emergency Information
- Emergency Services
- Video - Emergency Management Plan
- Emergency Blue Light Phones
- Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) - Provides consultation regarding legal requirements concerning protection of individuals and the environment, safety training, inspection to improve the level of compliance, and the abatement of hazardous or unsafe conditions on campus.
- Information Security for Faculty and Staff - Find out how to help protect the sensitive, confidential information and intellectual property you possess along with the sensitive confidential information that you have access to as a Cal Poly Pomona employee.
- Motorist Assists
- MySafety Portal - Review this EH&S webpage which provides safety information categorized relative to what you do at Cal Poly Pomona. Example for use: Faculty should view "Office Worker" for basic information, as the "Office Worker Category" makes up about 70% of all University Employees and is comprised of both faculty and staff members. Faculty who additionally work in a lab, should review that safety category in addition to the "Office Worker."
- PolyCARES - Cal Poly Pomona's Community Assessment and Response for Employees & Students is to proactively identify, assess, and offer a coordinated institutional response to those who pose a risk to themselves, others and/or the campus community. Familiarize yourself with when and how to report a concern.
- Safety Escort Services
- Safety Training - Login to Skillsoft and click on “View My Plan” for your assigned safety training and due dates. Your specific required safety training is typically assigned sometime in your first quarter of employment with the university and refreshed annually. Check with your manager or department chair regarding additional required training, specific to your job classification (e.g., lab safety, etc.).
- Title IX - Learn more about your reporting reponsibilities and resources related to sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, dating and domestic violence, and stalking.
- University Police - Public safety is a shared responsibility. We all play a role in maintaining a safe campus by taking responsibility for our own safety and looking out for one another. Report any suspicious activity to the University Police Department right away. For Police, Medical, Fire or other emergencies, Dial 9-1-1 from any campus or blue phone. If using a cell phone, dial (909) 869-3070.
- Police Services - Learn about workshops and training programs available for departments and how to request assistance in planning special events that may require police officer staffing.
- Police Community Service Officer (CSO) Program
- Annual Security Reports