Institutional Equity and Compliance

Preferred Name

Preferred Name for Employees

Our current process is consistent with the CSU requirements. Legal name is used for HR records and the name must match the name in the SCO (State Controller’s Office) system. An employee requesting name change can do so by submitting the following forms to HR:

A Customer Service Center Representative, available by telephone at extension 3733, can help you identify which form to use.To file your name change, please take your completed form to the Customer Service Center, located on the ground floor of the C.L.A. Building 98, Room B1-20. You will need to bring your Bronco Card for identification and your new Social Security Card for verification purposes.

To change and/or update your display name on the online directory, faculty/staff may do so through Bronco411.

Preferred Name for Students

Cal Poly Pomona is currently in the testing phases of Preferred Name.

If you would like a preferred name listed on Bronco Direct, ID Card, Blackboard, and non-legal records please contact the Registrar’s Office at 909-869-3000 or the Pride Center Coordinator, Brianna Sérráno, at or 909-869-3601.

Additional questions can be directed to or (909) 869-4646.