Transfer Orientation Checklist
After you are admitted to Cal Poly Pomona
- Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA.
- Upload all your transcript(s) from your past college(s)/institution(s), an email will be sent to you from Admissions on how to do this.
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) via BroncoDirect by the end of October. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- For more information on your housing options at Cal Poly Pomona, please check out University Village here and University Housing Services here.
- Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect beginning November 7 at 10:00am. The deadline to register for Orientation is November 21 at 11:59pm.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment.
Two weeks before your orientation date
- You will receive an email with links for all of the following that you must complete:
- Your Online Orientation
- Your emergency contact and accommodations form
One week before your orientation date
- Check your Transfer Credit Report (TCR). If you have questions, please check out our Transfer Credit Report Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here. The TCR articulates your previous
institution(s) courses with CPP courses. Check if it is complete and accurate. For a video tutorial on how to access your TCR, please click here.
- Check your MyCPP for any registration holds. Resolve them before you come to orientation so that they will not interfere with your ability to register for classes.
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
- View the Orientation Schedule by downloading the free Guidebook app. (Link available in June.)
What should I bring to Orientation?
To make the best of your Orientation experience, we recommend you bring the following:
- Bring a copy of your Transfer Credit Report (TCR)
- Bronco ID number and password
- A llaptop, tablet, or smart phone to register for classes (if you are unable to bring a device, there will be computers labs available)
- Unofficial transcripts from high school and any previous colleges
- Government-issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Test scores (SAT, SAT II, AP, ALEKS PPL, etc…)
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
- Any medication you may need
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts: