Transfer Orientation Checklist
What do I need to do before Orientation?
After you are admitted to Cal Poly Pomona
- Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA no later than March 2.
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- For more information on your housing options at Cal Poly Pomona, please check out University Village and University Housing Services.
- Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect beginning Tuesday, April 2 at 10:00 AM. The deadline to register for Orientation is Monday, June 3.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- Submit your test scores (SAT, ACT, AP, etc…) and your final official transcripts.
- All non-local freshmen must fill out information for housing. There will be a housing hold on your MyCPP/BroncoDirect preventing from getting advising and registering for classes.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment.
Two weeks before your orientation date
- You will receive an email with links for all of the following that you must complete:
- Upload your photo for your Bronco Card so you can pick it up at Orientation
- Your Online Orientation
- Your emergency contact and accommodations form
One week before your orientation date
- The campus is working diligently to process the classes you took at other institution(s) and determine what classes they count towards at Cal Poly Pomona. Click the “Viewing your TCR” tutorial on the Bronco Advising Center tutorial videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRqnPcIL-oS24GmvMwZb0KA/videos.
- For an extensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the Transfer Credit Report, click here: https://www.cpp.edu/~orientation/transfer-orientation/tcrfaq.shtml.
- Check your MyCPP for any registration holds. Resolve them before you come to orientation so that they will not interfere with your ability to register for classes.
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
What should I bring to Orientation?
To make the best of your Orientation experience, we recommend you bring the following:
- Unofficial transcripts from any previous college(s) you attended
- Bronco ID number and password
- A laptop, tablet, or smartphone to register for classes (if you are unable to bring a device, there will be computers labs available)
- A government-issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
- Any medication you may need
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts: