Transfer Orientation Checklist
What do I need to do before Orientation?
Before Orientation, students should complete the following steps:
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit via BroncoDirect. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA.
- For Fall Admits: Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect by June 1.
- For Winter Admits: Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect by Monday, November 27.
- If you would like to live on campus, submit your Village application. For more information on your housing options at Cal Poly Pomona, please check out University Village here and University Housing Services here.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- Submit your final official transcripts.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment before your Orientation date (a link will be emailed to you).
- Check your Cal Poly Pomona email regularly for updates.
- Get directions to the university and review a campus map. Use our Getting Here website to find out information about local airports and public transportation.
- Print a copy of your Transfer Credit Report on BroncoDirect (If available).
- Complete the Pre-Orientation Information Form at least 2 weeks before you attend orientation. (Form will be emailed to you).
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your orientation date.
- Complete the Pre-Orientation on Blackboard. (You will be able to access it 2 weeks prior to your orientation date).
What should I bring to Orientation?
We will take care of your meals. To make your stay more comfortable, we recommend you bring the following:
- Bronco ID number and password
- Unofficial transcripts from previous institutions
- Transfer Credit Report (TCR): for a video tutorial on how to access your TCR, please click here
- Government issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Test scores (EPT/ELM*, SAT, SAT II, AP, MDPT, etc…) if applicable
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
- Any medication you may need
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts: