Application Review and Awards
There is no deadline for applications. Applications are reviewed on the 2nd Friday of each month. Applications submitted after the 2nd Friday will be reviewed the following month. Since priority is given to students who have not yet presented their research, we encourage you to apply as soon as you receive notification of your conference abstract acceptance. Award notifications will be sent by the end of the month.
Criteria for Review and Selection
All applications that meet the eligibility requirements will be considered for funding. In case of insufficient funds to support all eligible applications, priority will be given to applications that include the following:
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant MUST be a named author that appears on the official abstract acceptance.
- Specific and detailed description of significant contribution to the research and presentation preparation.
- A detailed budget that is appropriate for the conference.
- Strength of the faculty mentor evaluation form.
- Research projects that were conducted at CPP and under a CPP faculty mentor.
- Students who have not yet attended the conference to encourage students to use the scholarship for conference costs.
- Discipline parity (the OUR will do its best to award scholarships to students from a range of departments and disciplines.)
Only one scholarship per student can be awarded during the current funding period (e.g. August 2019 through July 2020).
There is a FAQ page with answers to commons questions asked about the Conference Presentation Scholarship.
If you need further assistance or would like to know more about the Conference Presentation Scholarship, please contact us at (909) 869-5296 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.