This slideshow contains 5 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
Amanda and group
Amanda and group
Cal Poly Pomona Official Group Tours
Each year over 20,000 K-14 students come join our college tour guides to walk through the Cal Poly Pomona campus. Future college students ranging from kindergarten to community college come with their schools from across the nation. We've seen them all ... traditional school field trips, AVID groups, GATE programs, Puente programs, No Excuse University, Trio, Upward Bound, STEM/STEAM Academies, independent school clubs, etc.
Why are Cal Poly Pomona campus tours so popular?
Simply put, the campus is beautiful, our students are wonderful, and the possibilities are endless!
- The Power of Polytechnic
- An Affordable, Quality Education at a Great Location
- Get Connected to Campus Life
- Learn By Doing Education that Prepares You for Your Career
Regardless of how you choose to spend your day after the tour has concluded we hope your students enjoyed the many wonders of Cal Poly Pomona, and we encourage your students to reach toward higher education whether it be here at Cal Poly Pomona, or elsewhere.
If you'd like future information about Cal Poly Pomona group tours, or to be notified when additional group tour dates are available please click here to be added to the Campus Tours Mailing List
Cal Poly Pomona is located at 3801 W. Temple Avenue in the city of Pomona; located just south of the 10 freeway and west of the 57 freeway. As Southern California traffic and campus parking tend to be a bit unpredictable, please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
If you are traveling by bus, please have your group dropped off on Oak Lane, just off Palm Drive and Kellogg Drive located near the Campus Police Station. Your group will then walk toward the tall CLA Tower Building #98. After offloading, your bus driver can park in the overflow lot near the American Red Cross off Valley Blvd. and Kellogg Drive.
- All group tours are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis and requested dates are NOT guaranteed until you've received an official confirmation
- After you submit your reservation request, you will receive an email within 2-3 weeks confirming a tour date and time, or an email requesting more information, or an email notice that your requested dates are unavailable
- Schools should not "hold" multiple tour reservations, and only one date per school should be selected
- Duplicate reservations will not be fulfilled
- If your request has more students than the maximum capacity the group will need to book on multiple dates and the School/Organization field should be identified as "School ABC - Group 1" or School ABC - Group 2"
- Your tour time will be assigned based on availability
- Max Capacity per tour is 100 students
- A ration of 1 chaperone per every 25 students is required (25:1)
- A minimum of one chaperone must stay with each group at all times
- Students must be on their best behavior and come ready to learn
- If the tour group does not abide by the guidelines set by their tour guide, the tour guide can end the tour at their discretion
- The Campus Tours Department must be notified a minimum of two weeks
prior tothe tour date of a group cancellation
- Final student/chaperone headcount must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of one week prior to your tour date
- Tours are typically offered Monday-Friday throughout the academic year
- Tours are not offered when the Cal Poly Pomona campus is closed.For a list of
campusclosures click here
- Group tours will be canceled if groups are more than 15-minutes late to Check-In
- Group tours must stay within the normal tour route and, due to demand, we cannot accommodate personalized tour requests or visit locations
- It is highly recommended that groups plan to arrive
tocampus a minimum of 30-minutes prior to their scheduletour time
Click here to cancel your tour.
Print a copy of the Group Tour Information page
Print a copy of the location and directional information to give to your bus driver.