Pomona, CA 91768, USA
My Home Page in Germany
Classroom Materials and Activities:
Lower Division Classes
Upper Division Classes
- Physics Lecture Notes and Example Problems for first and second year physics:
Lecture Notes for 131, 132, 133, and 234
- Homework Problems and Solutions for:
Online Integer Problems:
Phy132 (Fluids, Gravity, Oscillations, Waves, Thermodynamics),
Phy133 (Electricity and Magnetism)
- linefit program,
- New Laser Gate
- Phy131L: Laboratory Experiments
- Dr. Höling's Optics Tutorial Modules:
- Phy235L Modern Physics laboratory manual:
Phy235L Lab Manual
Elementary School Courses
- Phy432: Radiation Physics Laboratory Manual:
- Phy409 (Computational Physics):
- Phy404 (High Energy Physics from Spring 2011):
Notes on Quantum Formalism,
- Phy404 (High Energy Physics from Spring 2012):
- Phy404 (Computational Nuclear-Particle Physics from Spring 2013):
- Phy499 (Computational Nuclear-Particle Physics from Winter 2016):
lecture notes and sample programs,
- Bio431: Radiation Biology
lecture notes and lab experiments
Cal Poly Virtual Radiation Laboratory
Cal Poly links:
- Java Script Programs for classroom, laboratory, and personal use.
Included are "Linefit", "RPN Calculator", Gaussian curvefitting programs,
"Mortgage Calculator", atomic and nuclear energy level calculator,
Home Run Calculator, Catenary Arch Builder and more.
These programs run in browsers with html5.
- The Cal Poly Virtual Radiation Laboratory
contains a number of experiments you can run using a Geiger Counter, NaI gamma detector,
Ge high resolution gamma detector, and a liquid scintillation detector.
- Click on Heart Rate Analysis
Laboratory for programs to analyze RR interval data.
programs for music and physics students and teachers to use. This page will be
under construction through 2014.
- Click on interfacing for instructions
on programming PIC chips and reading serial and parallel ports in Linux.
- Click on mmt.html for a summary of
our "Mädchen Machen Technik" workshop for high school students.
- Click on New Laser Gate for a description
of our new laser gate. You will also find instructions on building the gate, and
for the gate.
- Click on PIC programming projects
for the circuit diagrams, assembly codes and parts
lists for some fun PIC programming projects, including "kitchen timer".
- Click on laser gate for a description of our laser gate. You
will also find instructions building the gate, and an image file for running the software to
read the laser gate output. The source codes are also included.
- Click on NodeJs programs for various programs in NodeJs that
read data from a usb port. Included are programs to be used with our new laser gate.
- Click on Bluetooth programs for instructions on
using bluetooth communication with PIC microcontrollers.
- Click on Raspberry Pi programs for programs using the
- Click on booting for easy directions
for making boot diskette's, CD's, and USB flash drives in DOS and Linux.
- Java Appletes which run on internet
browsers for Classroom use. Included are "Linear Fitting for Data
Analysis", "Photon Interference Applet", "Oscilloscope Simulator", "Central Force Planetary Motion",
"Energy Level calculations for the Alkali Elements", "Geiger Counter, and "Gamma
- Student written Programs which run
on PC-type computers. Both the source and executable codes can be
downloaded and run. Included are Pascal source codes for the
Atwood Machine, "Gaussian Peak Fitting" and other
data analysis programs.
- Gamma spectrum data taken with the
physics departments 3 inch NaI detector. Data include calibration sources
and soil samples to be used by students.
- Germanium Detector gamma spectrum
data taken with the physics departments Ge detector from Canberra.
- Heartbeat interval data for the Cal Poly
Arabian Horses and humans.
- CD for controlled breathing:
breathing cd 12 bpm
- Bio200 materials: Data for Download .
- Preprint (pdf format) of
Nonstationary time series analysis of heart
Particle Data Group
Nuclear Energy Level Diagrams (TUNL)
Los Alamos Isotope
isotopes (Brookhaven Nat Lab)
LBL Nuclear Data
Table of Gamma Energies (Korea)
NIST Atomic Data
Mass Attenuation Coefficients Table for elements
Mass Attenuation Coefficients Table for other materials
PC Interface Information
| College of Science
| Cal Poly