The PolyTransfer Peer Ambassadors are current Cal Poly Pomona transfer students representing every college on campus. Having experienced the transfer experience firsthand, these students draw from both their own experiences and the abundance of resources available to create a memorable transfer experience. The Ambassadors go through intensive training to be able to function as a support structure for new transfer students. The Ambassadors take part in several activities throughout the year:
- Provide firsthand advice for incoming transfer students on transitioning and navigating CPP.
- Staff transfer orientations and all PolyTransfer events, including Graduate Writing Test, Anxiety and Stress Management Workshops.
- Be a part of Community College outreach with our partner schools, in the form of tabling events, campus tours and student panels.
- Take up administrative roles within the PolyTransfer office.
- Provide year-long support to new transfer students.
- Engage in group and/or one on one peer coaching.
- Access campus services and resources to aid transfer student success.
- Foster a sense of belonging.
Ultimately, it is the goal of the Ambassadors to assist in creating a greater sense of connection, engagement and involvement with CPP transfer students through academics and co-curricular activities.
Apply to be a PolyTransfer Ambassador through myBAR: