RAMP Challenge Grant
RAMP provides a supplemental Pell grant award to a certain number of qualifying students who complete the application process.
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements prior to applying for the grant:
- Be a RAMP participant
- Be a freshman or sophomore (according to units at the beginning of fall term)
- Receive the Pell grant
Eligible participants must complete several RAMP requirements before submitting an application. These requirements afford students opportunities to familiarize themselves with the campus community and to enhance academic, professional, cultural or personal growth. These requirements include:
- Attending reading tutorials to complete a minimum of 12 sessions before the application deadline
- Attending at least one financial literacy or financial aid workshop
- Attending at least one Professional Spotlight
- Attending at least one peer mentoring session (1 on 1, group, or attend First-Year Transition Student Panel)
- Attend an advising meeting with your program advisor each term
Sign up for events by visiting RAMP's events page.
RAMP has been awarding grant aid since Fall 2001. In the 2010–11 academic year, the grant aid was converted to a competitive scholarship format. The program is excited to continue offering such a valuable opportunity to students.