Name Change


The Registrar's Office requires specific documentation before a name change can be processed.  Individuals requesting a name change are required to submit government-issued documentation that supports their request:  The following documents will support name change requests:

  • Marriage Certificate

  • California State Driver's License*

  • California State Identification Card

  • U.S. or State-Issued Court Order

  • Naturalization/Citizenship documents with photo attached

  • U.S. Social Security Card

* If an out of state driver's license is presented as supporting documentation, a U.S. Social Security Card will also be required.

Please bring the original copy of these documents to the Registrar's Office, located in Bldg. 98, second floor.   Due to the sensitivity of these documents, the Registrar's Offices request that you bring these documents in person.