Registrar's Office

Degree Progress Report

The Degree Progress Report (DPR) is a tool that provides information about the completion status of undergraduate degree requirements at Cal Poly Pomona. Commonly referred to as the "DPR", it identifies course requirements that are satisfied, in progressed, and/or those still need of completion.
View the Degree Progress Report User Guide for Students 


Obtaining the Degree Progress Report & Transfer Credit Report (TCR) 

The Degree Progress Report (DPR) is available to students and academic advisors through the Advisee Student Center within the PeopleSoft system. Students can access their DPR through the MyCPP Portal

Current Cal Poly Pomona Students with transfer courses and entering Undergraduate Students attending Orientation can retrieve their Transfer Credit Report (TCR) from their Advisee Student Center within PeopleSoft after logging in via MyCPP Portal

Used together, the Degree Progress Report and Transfer Credit Report provide detailed information on how completed courses at Cal Poly Pomona and/or other institutions are applied to the completion of major requirements and progress to degree. 

Questions regarding your Degree Progress Report

For questions regarding your Degree Progress Report and Major Curriculum, please contact your Major Department Advisors. 

Transfer Credit FAQs

The TCR includes courses transferred by students admitted into Cal Poly Pomona in fall 2004 to present. Generally, courses from nearby California community colleges are automatically entered into the report, while courses coming from out of state require manual intervention prior to being included.

Articulation agreements exist only for California community colleges. Therefore, all courses taken at out-of-state and private school institutions may receive generic course credits. Petitioning course work to be applied toward specific requirements is the best procedure to follow when seeking course equivalencies other than generic transfer credits. Complete the Course Substitution or Acceptance of Transfer Coursework Form available on the Forms page to file a petition.

In order for courses taken at a California community college to be applied toward the CSU General Education pattern, the course must be a certified General Education course. Go to ASSIST to see if your course is GE-certifed. When verifying your course against the course listings, make sure that you are checking against the list for the term and year that coincides with the term and year you completed your course. (Certification is term- and year-based.) If the course is listed and it does not appear in your Transfer Credit Report, contact your Transfer and Graduation Advisor.

The Degree Progress Report is a system generated report that, when used with the Transfer Credit Report, will show you how your transfer courses are applied toward your degree requirements.

Contact your major advisor to discuss this matter. If your advisor agrees that your course can be used to satisfy a specific requirement in your major, or can be equated to a specific course in your major, ask your advisor to assist you in completing the Course Substitution or Acceptance of Transfer Coursework Form available on the Forms page, and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.

You can petition for the grade you received in your transfer course to be removed from the calculation of your grade point average by submitting the Course Repetition Form available on the Forms page to your Academic or Department advisor.  Upon obtaining the necessary approval, return the form to the Registrar’s Office for recording. Remember, the Repeated Course Policy can be applied to a maximum of 16 units on transfer or CPP coursework.

Please visit ASSIST to check for established articulation agreements between colleges and universities and Cal Poly Pomona. When in doubt, seek clarification from your Academic Advisor in your major department, the Articulation Office ( or your Transfer & Graduation Advisor in the Registrar's Office.

Watch Viewing Your DPR & Academic Information for a quick guide through the DPR. If you still need assistance after watching, please see your academic advisor in your major department.

There are specific unit limitations to what can be transferred and/or applied toward your degree at Cal Poly Pomona.  Although the maximum number of units that can be applied toward your Cal Poly Pomona degree from the community college is 70 semester (105 quarter) units, subject credit will still be awarded for all transferable courses. Visit Transfer Credit Information to find out more details about unit limitations. 

Contact the Admissions & Enrollment Planning Office to find out if your transcript from the transfer institution has been received by Cal Poly Pomona. If it has been received, contact a Transfer and Graduation Advisor.