Graduation Status & Diploma Information

Diplomas - Spring 2019

The Senior Exit Survey for Spring 2019 grads will be available starting on June 03, 2019 th July 31, 2019
  (Only complete this survey if you graduated in the Spring 2019 semester)


Undergraduate Students

Senior Exit Survey: Please complete the Senior Exit Survey as one of the last steps in the graduation process. This survey is an important tool for the University to gather information about the future plans of CPP graduates, assess student satisfaction, and improve institutional effectiveness. While we understand that your status as a recent graduate may still be in flux, we would like you to respond to the survey completely.

NOTE: Do not complete this survey if you are not graduating in the term specified above.

All Graduates

Diploma Orders: Please refer to the table below for information regarding the approximate order date of your diploma. A student's diploma will not be mailed until the student's degree is awarded, regardless of survey completion.

Mailing Address: Undergraduate students: your diploma will be ordered and mailed to the address indicated in your student records after your degree is awarded, and upon receipt of your completed senior exit survey. Graduate students: your diploma will be ordered for the quarter in which you graduated (see below). To ensure that you receive your diploma, please make any necessary changes to the "mailing address" in BroncoDirect within one week of receiving your diploma email.

Note: Diplomas sent internationally are not guaranteed to arrive to the recipient, and will not be replaced by the University if such a loss occurs.

Financial Obligations & Holds: Unpaid financial obligations to the University will cause a hold to be placed on your student record and will prevent the release of your diploma. Check your student account in BroncoDirect to confirm that you do not have an outstanding balance. If you do have an outstanding balance, please settle your account to avoid delay in receiving your diploma and/or transcript (transcripts must be ordered separately). Email once you know that the financial hold on your record has been removed so that your diploma can be released.

Requesting to Pick Up Your Diploma: Though there will be no difference in the time it takes for you to receive it, if you prefer to pick up your diploma please send an email to using your Cal Poly Pomona email account. When sending your email, please include your BroncoNumber, an alternate personal email address, and a phone number where you can be reached. You will be notified via email when your diploma is available for pick up from the Bronco Advising Center.

Name on Diploma: 

1. If you need to make a simple change to the name on your diploma, such as adding a special character to a letter, or truncating a middle name, please fill out and submit the Diploma Name Form to the Bronco Advising Center.

2. If you have changed your legal name, or if there is an error in your name which will be printed on your diploma, please visit the Bronco Advising Center front counter with two forms of valid, government issued photo identification which reflect the name as you wish it to be printed.

Duplicate Diploma: If you would like to purchase a duplicate copy(s) of your diploma, please fill out the Duplicate Diploma Request Form and follow the procedures outlined on the form.

Notarizations: If you will need a notarized copy of your diploma, please visit the Notarization of Documents page for detailed instructions on how to complete this process.

Transcripts: For information regarding transcript orders, please visit the Transcripts webpage.

Diploma Orders:

Survey Completion Date (Current Semester Only - See Above)
 Approximate Order Date
June 01, 2019 - June 06, 2019 June 07, 2019
June 07, 2019 - June 013, 2019 June 14, 2019
June 14, 2019 - June 20, 2019 June 21, 2019
June 21, 2019 - June 27, 2019 June 28, 2019 (All Graduate Students)
June 28, 2019 - July 04, 2019 July 05, 2019
July 05, 2019 - July 31, 2019 Last Order Date August 02, 2019

*Please Allow 14-21 postal days from order date to receive your diploma.

**A student's diploma will not be mailed until the student's degree is awarded, regardless of survey completion.

Deadline to Make Changes to Diploma Name, Mailing Address and Request Pick Up of Diploma:

Date Diploma Email Sent
 Last Day to Make Changes/Notify Registrar's Office
June 01, 2019                                            June 07, 2019 at 10:00am
June 07, 2019 June 14, 2019 at 10:00am
June 14, 2019 June 21, 2019 at 10:00am
June 21, 2019 June 28, 2019 at 10:00am
June 28, 2019 July 05, 2019 at 10:00am
July 05, 2019 or after July 31, 2019 at 10:00am
For any questions regarding diplomas, please contact:

Previous Term Information:

Deferral Letters

Deferral letters are emailed to the student's CPP email account.  These letters contain details about the degree requirements that are missing and/or refer students to their Degree Progress Report (DPR).  These letters also indicate a deadline by which time these deficiencies must be cleared.  If the deficiencies are not cleared for the term that the student has applied to graduate, the student must submit a new Application for Graduation to be considered again for any future graduation date. 

Back to Top