Cal Poly Pomona only awards credit from institutions that are regionally accredited. An unlimited number of units may be transferred from regionally accredited four-year universities; however, students must complete the minimum residency requirements. A maximum of 70 semester units or 105 quarter units transferred from community colleges may be applied toward the cumulative unit requirement for a Bachelor's Degree.
Regional accrediting agencies:
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
- Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)
Students who complete coursework at non-regionally accredited institutions, may request their major department to review coursework after successful completion of 30 quarter units at Cal Poly Pomona. Upon recommendation of the major department, credit may be awarded.
To find the accrediting agency for your institution, go to http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/