Academic Advising Resources
NEW: Curriculum worksheets for Quarter students in Bio-General Biology and Env. Biology. The purpose of these spreadsheets is to give students an extra tool to keep track of your units and to show which semester courses are equivalent to the quarter system.
Biological Sciences Advising Center
- Graphic advising guide - where to go for advising (pdf)
- Advising Help Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org (909) 869-2730, or the Department Office (909)-869-4038
- Bio Sci Advising Center (8-117): drop-in; contact the Department Office for hours
- List of Biological Sciences Department Advisors (PDF), Faculty Office Hours
- College of Science Advising Center (Rm 3-1645): drop-in only, M-F 10-12 PM; 2-4 PM
- Biology Semester Conversion Information
- Graduation Self-Check
Advising Worksheet and Forms
Resources for Planning your Schedule
- Projected course offerings (PDF)
- List of Electives: Biology Emphasis Electives, Biology Non-Emphasis Electives, General Biology Core Electives, General Biology Support Electives
- Curriculum sheets
- Flow charts
- Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Registration Appointments on BroncoDirect
- University Catalog
- Pre-Requisite Courses
Academic Advising Questions
- Who is my advisor? What to do if I have an advising hold?
- How to change/add a major or minor?
- Which course should I use for grade forgiveness?
- Questions on curriculum and courses
- Which curriculum year should I follow?
- How do I know when a course will be offered?
- What is co- and pre-requisite courses?
- What are lower-, upper-division, graduate, and GE courses?
- What are the electives for core or support?
- Can GE B5 courses be counted toward electives?
- Can I apply supervisory courses toward my degree?
- Questions on Registration and Graduation (linked to College of Science Advising Center)
- Advanced Placement (AP) examination credit
- International Baccalaureate (IB) examination credit
- How to get involved in undergraduate research?
- How to get involved in internship?
- More information at the College of Science Advising webpage
Other Advising Resources
- Pre-Professional Advising (MD, DDS, Nursing, PA, PharmD, CLS, and more)
- University Advising Resources
- Teaching Credential - Single Subject Credential in Biology/Life Science
- Articulation (transfer course equivalencies - the ASSIST.org site)
- Learning Resource Center - Drop-In Tutoring Service
- Career Center – Career Counseling & Preparation