Biological Sciences Department Award for Teaching Excellence
2018-2019 Biological Sciences Department Award for Teaching Excellence
Students taking classes offered by the Biological Sciences Department are invited to submit nominations for the Biological Sciences Department Award for Teaching Excellence. The purpose of this award is to provide a mechanism by which students can nominate outstanding teachers who have demonstrated a strong commitment to excellence in teaching. Please help the Award Selection Committee identify and honor the recipient of this award. Nominations must be submitted by Tuesday, April 23, 2019. Nominations will be used only for the purpose of selecting the award recipient, and will remain strictly confidential. The Award Selection Committee values your input, and thanks you in advance for your participation in this important process.
Award Selection Committee
- Dr. Wei-Jen Lin
- Dr. Junjun Liu
- Dr. Christos Stathopoulos
- Dr. Andy Steele
- Mr. Nathanael E. Iverson
- Ms. Emily Gunstream, graduate student representative
- Ms. Celine Wanwatanakool, undergraduate student representative
Criteria for Submission of Nomination
- Nominations are accepted only from students enrolled in courses offered by the Biological Sciences Department during the academic year.
- Nominees must be faculty members or lecturers within the Biological Sciences Department.
- Each student can submit only one nomination, and can nominate only one faculty member.
- Enter your name exactly as it appears on your official Cal Poly Pomona documents.
- The email address entered must be your Cal Poly Pomona e-mail address; even if you do not use it as your primary email address.
- Nominations that do not meet the above mentioned criteria will be discarded.
- Once your name and email address information are validated as belonging to a Cal Poly Pomona student, an email confirmation of your nomination submission will be sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email address.
Past Award Recipients
- 2017-2018: Mr. Nathanael E. Iverson
- 2016-2017: Dr. Jayson Smith
- 2015-2016: Ms. Judith J. Bogdanoff-Lord
- 2014-2015: Ms. Stephanie Marin Rothman
- 2013-2014: Dr. Wei-Jen Lin and Dr. Andrew D. Steele
- 2012-2013: Dr. Paul M. Beardsley
- 2011-2012: Mr. Nathanael E. Iverson
- 2010-2011: Dr. David J. Moriarty
- 2009-2010: Dr. Ángel A. Valdés
- 2008-2009: Dr. Edward Bobich
- 2007-2008: Dr. Gilbert D. Brum
- 2006-2007: Dr. Kristine (Tina) Hartney
If there are any problems with this form, please contact Dr. Junjun Liu at email@example.com.