Frequently Asked Questions
Why MSCS at Cal Poly Pomona
- Evening classes with a wide range of topics in computer science
- Core knowledge of advanced computer architecture, algorithm design and analysis, and software engineering that apply computational theory to the design of software systems
- Flexible curriculum for students to create their own track by choosing courses that fit their interests
- Graduate seminar that keeps students apprised of the latest computer science research
- Learn by doing through the process of thesis work
- Directed study and thesis to demonstrate ability to identify, formulate and solve problems within discipline
There are two pricing components for students in the graduate program: California resident students and non-resident students. For details, please visit the Web page of the Financial Aid Office.
International student fees are considerably higher than California residents. Please visit the Web page of the International Center.
Student Loans and Other Types of Aid
Student loans and other types of aid are available to domestic students sponsored by both state and federal programs. The most current information can be obtained directly at the Web site of the Office of Financial Aid.
To assist you with your graduate study, there are limited graduate student scholarships available. They are posted on the Web site of the Graduate Studies Office.
The International Center also provides Academic Merit Scholarship Program for F-1 Visa students. Please see their web site for details.
Is the GRE required?
The department does not require the GRE. However, it is recommended that you take it if your major GPA does not meet the 3.0 requirement. For GRE score, please have it sent directly from ETS to Cal Poly Pomona and indicate the department code 0402 (Computer Science) and the institution code 4082.
For questions about admission requirements, how to apply, required documents, the TOEFL test, and Cal Poly Pomona in general, please visit Office of Admissions and Outreach International Applicants web page.