Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization
- Interview with Adapted Physical Education Coordinator, Dr. Beth Foster
* Special Education Specialist
• Added Authorization to teach physical education
- Completion of the CSET with a passing score in the single subject area of physical education.
- Based upon the results of the interview and documents analysis, a candidate's program may include some or all of the APE Added Authorization courses.
|KIN 206S/AS Introduction to Students with a Disability||3/1||Fall/Winter|
|KIN 405S/AS Adapted Physical Education Fieldwork||2/1||Fall/Winter/Spring|
|KIN 431A Student with Disabilities Field Experiences||1 (3x)||Fall/Winter/Spring|
|KIN 432 Behavior Support and Other Plans used in APE||3||Fall|
|KIN 433 Assessment Policies and Procedures in APE||3||Winter|
|KIN 434 Program Development and Implementation in APE||3||Spring|
|KIN 435 Motor Assessment in APE||3||Spring|
|KIN 436 Clinical Practice in Adapted Physical Education||2||Fall/Winter/Spring|
|KIN 437 Adapted Physical Education Candidate Assessment||1||Spring|
|KIN 440 Curriculum Development||3||Winter/Spring|
Apply for formal admittance into Cal Poly as a Postbaccalaureate Graduate Student. This is accomplished by completing the online application at Cal State Apply: https://www2.calstate.edu/apply
- Complete above program requirements as indicated in step #3, maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or better in all APE courses.
- Complete APE exit competency portfolio.
- APE coordinator conducts an exit interview, after final review and approval of the portfolio and recommends to the Credential Analyst at CPP the candidate for APE AA.
- Complete all paperwork with the Credential Analyst.
For those who currently do not have a background in KINESIOLOGY:
The following will be added to the above program:
(1) Completion of the CSET with a passing score in the single subject area of physical education.
(2) Take Kinesiology core courses as prerequisites to the APE AA program.
|KIN 303/L Exercise Physiology||4||Fall/Winter/Spring|
|KIN 304/L Biomechanics||4||Fall/Winter/Spring|
|KIN 312/A Motor Development||4||Fall/Winter/Spring|
|KIN 430/L Motor Learning||4||Fall/Winter/Spring|
Student teaching or some other arrangements with the APE Coordinator will be made in order to fulfill the requirement of 180 hours of actual supervised APE teaching.
Based upon the results of the interview and documents analysis, a candidate's program may include some or all of the APE Added Authorization courses.
|KIN 2406S/AS Introduction to Students with a Disability||3/1||Fall/Spring|
|KIN 4050S/AS Adapted Physical Education Fieldwork||1/1||Fall/Spring|
|KIN 4310AS Student with Disabilities Field Experiences||1 (2x)||Fall/Spring|
|KIN 4320S Behavior Intervention and Support Plans in APE||3||Fall|
|KIN 4330S Motor Assessment Policies and Procedures in APE||3||Fall|
|KIN 4340 APE Program Development and Implementation||3||Spring|
|KIN 4360 Clinical Practice in Adapted Physical Education||3||Spring|
|KIN 4370 Adapted Physical Education Candidate Assessment||1||Spring|