Human Performance Lab
The Human Performance Research Laboratory (HRPL) at Cal Poly Pomona is a state of art research facility that is dedicated to advance the science and application of training methodologies, nutrition, and technique for optimum human health and performance.
This lab is also a performance testing facility that offers a range of assessments for athletes and active populations. Testing procedures include, but are limited to:
- Body Composition via DXA or Bod Pod
- Aerobic capacity or VO2 max testing
- Cardiac stress testing with or without VO2 assessment
- Electromyography for muscle activation testing
- Vertical jump, agility, and speed tests using equipment like Fusion Sport Smart Speed timing systems, Vertex, and Fit Light.
- Reaction time testing using Fit Light and Fusion Sport Smart Speed systems
- Wingate Anaerobic Tests
- Road cycling simulation and time trial testing
Please contact Dr. Eddie Jo for any inquiries regarding physiological and/or performance testing.
Building 43 Room 202B
Dr. Edward Jo, Ph.D.,