Faculty Affairs Committee
Duties & Responsibilities
The Faculty Affairs Committee shall:
- Ensure that the Retention, Tenure, and Promotion procedure is standardized and every effort is made to retain highly qualified faculty members.
- Ensure that the hiring and evaluation procedures for lecturers are standardized.
- Ensure that recruitment procedures are standardized and that every effort is made to hire highly qualified faculty members.
- Ensure that all evaluations of faculty are standardized and conducted in accordance with the CBA and that every effort is made to retain highly qualified faculty members.
- Ensure that working conditions not addressed in the CBA are maintained at a high level.
- Ensure that the interests of continuing faculty are protected in the process of filling summer appointments.
- Expedite faculty-administration relationships.
- Maintain good relationships between faculty and the public.