About Summer Bridge
The Summer Bridge 2018 program is a two-week summer transition program designed to help a select group of EOP first year students transition to the university setting while providing a wide range of educational, personal, social, and cultural enrichment opportunities.
By participating in Summer Bridge, participants attend a Cal Poly Pomona class or academic component, build academic skills, develop friendships, experience campus life, and become acquainted with campus departments and resources. Course work, seminars, and student development opportunities help participants build essential skills that will facilitate their success at Cal Poly Pomona.
Summer Bridge 2019 Program Dates: Coming Soon!
Students MUST attend all days of the program (Sundays through Fridays). NO EXCEPTIONS.
If selected to participate, daily attendance and participation in program components is mandatory as you will be engaged in class/academic component, workshops, seminars, and enrichment activities throughout the program.
Renaissance Scholars students: As described in the Renaissance Scholars Acceptance Agreement, Summer Bridge participation is mandatory for all incoming Renaissance Scholars first year students.
Summer Bridge Program Benefits
The Summer Bridge program covers all Summer Bridge related expenses for EOP first year students who meet eligibility criteria and are invited to attend. Summer Bridge covers program academic components, course books, meals, and activities throughout the weeks of the program, with the exception for parking and any personal items students choose to purchase. Additional details about the program will be shared through Summer Bridge Information Sessions that students are invited to attend.
Students who participate in Summer Bridge can benefit from the following:
- A head start toward the college experience and the opportunity to build community and support systems with other students, faculty, and staff.
- Early connection to EOP staff and students
- Enrollment in Early Start Math, Early Start English, or an introductory academic component.
- Course enrollment varies depending on student’s Early Start requirements needed before the Fall term.
- Academic advising support, university orientation, and student development workshops in preparation to successfully meet the rigorous challenges of university life.
- Tutorial services in math, writing, and study skills needed toward meeting Cal Poly Pomona’s academic requirements and personal academic goals.
- Academic enrichment opportunities, community building activities, and exposure to campus life.
Eligibility Requirements and Student Responsibilities
Incoming first year EOP students who have submitted their EOP Acceptance Agreement will receive an email invitation to attend a mandatory Summer Bridge Information Meeting, which will give students and guests an overview of the program, and outlines the next steps on how to apply for Summer Bridge. Only students who attend a Summer Bridge Information Meeting may apply to be considered for the Summer Bridge program. Please refer to the "Who may Attend & How to Apply" tab for next steps on how to prepare for the Summer Bridge Information Meeting and Frequently Asked Questions.
If invited to participate in Summer Bridge, please check your Cal Poly Pomona email for further instructions on what to do to meet program deadlines. Please pay close attention to university admissions and program deadlines.
For questions and more information on Summer Bridge, email email@example.com.