Strategic Initiatives and Goals
DELIVER QUALITY PROGRAMS THAT PROMOTE INTEGRATIVE LEARNING, DISCOVERY, AND CREATIVITY
- As an expression of our polytechnic identity, all students at Cal Poly Pomona will engage in experiential applied learning across all disciplines.
- Expand opportunities for students to experience the distinguishing hallmarks of a Cal Poly Pomona education: integrative learning, discovery, and creativity.
- Establish centers of excellence that will capitalize on our polytechnic identity, strengths and synergistic opportunities for discovery, innovation, and creative expression.
- Revitalize the General Education program by reimagining the integration of the liberal arts and sciences within the context of our polytechnic identity.
ENHANCE STUDENT LEARNING, DEVELOPMENT, AND SUCCESS
- Re-envision the co-curricular experience of students as they move in, through and beyond the University community.
- Design effective strategies that optimize the retention, persistence and achievement of students from historically underserved communities.
- Develop innovative strategies to increase the graduation rates of all students.
- Expand the digital student experience to provide timely and effective services that support students and their success.
- Encourage widespread student engagement in experiences that foster strong and enduring relationships and a sense of belonging in a vibrant campus community.
- Create a culture that promotes wellbeing and resiliency.
PREPARE OUR STUDENTS FOR THE FUTURE OF WORK AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
- Implement a plan for student success that spans preadmission to one-year post-graduation.
- Develop a career readiness model that provides students with early and on-going opportunities to engage with alumni, the community, and industry leaders.
- Create a civic engagement i-Lab to address and solve community concerns and regional needs.
STRENGTHEN OUR ECONOMIC VITALITY AND IMPACT
- Boldly elevate our reputation and showcase our unique polytechnic identity.
- Generate diverse revenue streams that enable the university to increase tenure density, expand and enhance its programs, and invest in research and development opportunities.
- Improve the economic and social well-being of our communities by connecting our talent, knowledge and educational resources with local, national and global partners.
- Implement long-range, systemic approaches to maximize our physical resources (i.e., space, land, water).
ADVANCE ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND EMPLOYEE EXCELLENCE
- Become an employer of choice, recognized as a great place to work.
- Recognize and reward the achievements of individuals, teams, and the impact of teamwork.
- To advance our vision and strategic initiatives, increase recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff and other professionals.
- Invest in our personnel by expanding professional development opportunities.
- Improve campus infrastructure, redesign business processes to enhance organizational effectiveness, and be a model for environmental responsibility.