Manufacturing related research abstracts
Analysis of Virtual vs. Real Garment Fitting and Visualization Using Advanced Technologies
Consumer Barriers to Acceptance of Apparel Mass Customization The Future of Fashion through Mass Customization: Practices in the US Market
Retail related research abstract and report
Social Coupon Use - abstract
Social Media Promotions - report
Student Research Activity for 2010-2011
- Advisor for Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program Scholar: Christa Argueta, “Factors Influencing Patterns of Global Mill Fiber Consumption Since 1960”.
- Argueta, C and Kilduff, PDF (2010) “The Evolution of National Textile Industries: The Influence of Factor Endowments”. Presented to the Southern California Conference for Undergraduate Research, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA. November 20th.
- CAD programs to assist in early stages of design process. Special topics course in which Elena Hernandez learned and experimented with Google Sketchup (3-D CAD program). Ms. Hernandez gave a demonstration to undergraduate students and a questionnaire on the use of Google Sketchup for creating design databases. I analyzed results and wrote the submission to the International Textile and Apparel Association conference (Winter 2010).
- Worked with Christa Argueta, senior apparel production students on National Science Foundation Transforming Undergraduate Education in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Engineering. We conducted a literature search, established research project goals and created a framework for a needs analysis. (Fall 2010).
- Worked with Renee Roberts on a submission to the International Textile and Apparel Association conference in teaching strategies (spring 2010). Ms. Roberts provided a student perspective of taking a technical design class and I presented a stance on the challenges of teaching the course. The paper was accepted for presentation at the ITAA conference.
- Worked with Renee Roberts, senior fashion retailing student, for National Science Foundation Creative IT grant entitled Recapturing Creative Innovation for the Next Generation Designers (winter 2010). We conducted a literature search, established research project goals, created a framework for a needs analysis, and method to collect data. (Winter and Spring 2010). NSF dropped this grant opportunity in summer 2010. Thus, it was not possible to submit it.
- Worked with Patricia LaBarge, Katherine Shuh, and Jennifer Jones (senior fashion retailing students) forRare Designs: An apparel company’s climb to success(spring 2010). We conducted focus group meetings and had online discussion questions to determine market breadth for the book and appeal to undergraduate students. Student participants answered questions that would go into the book. The purpose of having student answer questions was to determine the ease or difficulty in answering.
- Co-Chair for the MS committee for Yuhan Zhang:
Zhang, Yuhan*. Senanayake, Muditha. & Raheja Amar. (2010). Development of a Single Camera Body Scanning System. Proceedings of the International Textile and Apparel Association conference, Montreal, Canada. Spring 10
- Advisor for Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program Scholar Mai Vang:
Mai Vang* & Senanayake, Muditha. (2010). Consumer barriers to apparel mass customization, Referred abstract for the conference proceedings of SCCUR, 2010, Pepperdine university, Malibu CA.
Presentations involving students as co-presenters (Academic Year)
- Mai Vang* & Senanayake, Muditha. (2010). Consumer barriers to apparel mass customization, Referred abstract for the conference proceedings of SCCUR, 2010, Pepperdine university, Malibu CA.
- Zhang, Yuhan*, Raheja, Amar. & Senanayake, Muditha. (2010). Digital Camera Based Automated Human Body Measurements. Proceedings of the IPCV'10 - 14th International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition, Las Vegas, USA
Awards and Honors Earned by Students (as a result of faculty involvement-Academic year)
- Christa Argueta, Ronald E. McNair Scholar 2010. Mentor: P Kilduff.
- Mai Vang, Ronald E. McNair Scholar 2010. Mentor: M Senanayake.