Student EligibilityStudent Eligibility: This program is offered to all sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate level students currently enrolled at The Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona who have completed at least one quarter with Cal Poly Pomona. Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 or higher to participate in the Mentor Program.
ApplyThank you for your interest in The Collins College of Hospitality Management Mentor Program!
Please submit the following to the Career Services Coordinator (Building 79B-2210B) by Oct. 9.
- Completed Application (PDF)
- Current Resume
- Faculty recommendation form, sealed in an envelope with faculty signature on the flap
How the program worksMentors and mentees interested in participating in the program must commit to a three quarter (one academic year) relationship, starting in the fall quarter and ending in the spring quarter. The Mentor Program administrator will match mentee applications with mentors based on strengths and areas of interest. There are a limited number of mentors available each year. Not all students who submit a Mentor Program application will be matched with a mentor. Best fit, location and other factors will be taken into consideration when placing students with available mentors.
Mentees are responsible for ensuring the quality and depth of the relationship with the mentor.
Throughout the year students will initiate:
- Four meetings with mentor, details of qualifying activities will be provided to mentee/mentor
- Calling or e-mailing mentor as appropriate to keep in contact
- Inviting the mentor to one university activity
Students will be expected to:
- Act and dress professionally and treat the mentor respectfully
- Be available to meet mentor during the Meet and Greet at the fall and spring Board of Advisors meeting
- Be willing to address any concerns about the program with their mentor and/or program administrator
- Give a minimum of 48 hours notice of cancellation/rescheduling of appointments with their mentor
- Return phone calls or e-mails in a timely manner