California Promise: Information for 2-Year Program
2 year promise info
- Read the program eligibility requirements.
- Attend an information session during your Orientation program.
- Apply online by September 15, 2017. An email will be sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email address if you are eligible. The message will outline your next steps.
Completing Your Contract (Accepted Students)
- After receiving your acceptance email, review the information and electronic program contract. You’ll be responsible for following the guidelines outlined in the contract.
- Watch the MyPlanner tutorial. You’ll use MyPlanner to submit your academic plan. Review the Advising & Academic Resources page on Student Success Central to find your planning tools.
- Fill out your MyPlanner. Save your MyPlanner as a PDF, and attach it to your program contract before submitting it.
- Set up an appointment with the the pledge advisor in your major department or visit drop-in hours (varies by college) before October 6, 2017. Find the pledge advisor list here. Bring a printout of your MyPlanner PDF with you to your advising session.
After entering the program, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 45 quarter or 30 semester units every year.
- Maintain a minimum 2.2 cumulative GPA and earn a "C" or better or credit (CR) in all of your coursework.
- Meet with an assigned advisor every term. Consistent contact with an advisor encourages discussion about progress toward degree, careers, educational programs, research opportunities, graduate school, etc.
- Participate in priority registration every term. Check the Student Success Central Academic Calendar for priority registration dates.
- Take and pass the Graduation Writing Test (GWT) before achieving senior status. You'll reach senior status when you complete 135 units.