California Promise: Information for 4-Year Program
Step 1: Check Eligibility
Freshmen must be:
- A first-year student entering fall term in a declared major
- A California resident and underrrepresented minority, first-generation student or Pell Grant eligible
- Committed to graduating in four years
- A student in the College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences, the College of Education & Integrative Studies (Liberal Studies and Ethnic & Women's Studies students only) or the Collins College of Hospitality Management.
Step 2: Apply for the Program
Fill out the application by September 7, 2018. This will be the only time you can apply for the program during your time at CPP.
Step 3: Get Accepted to the Program
You will receive a confirmation email in your CPP inbox when we receive your application. You can find your CPP email in MyCPP. If you're accepted, you'll receive a second email outlining your next steps.
If you're not eligible for the program or miss the application period, don't worry! You will still have access to your academic advisor, and you can still graduate within four years by planning for 30 semester units per year. Visit the Take 30 website to learn more about the benefits.
Step 4: Maintain Eligibility
To be a part of the California Promise, you must:
- Remain in the same major you selected when you came to CPP
- Enroll in at least 15 units in Fall 2018
- Successfully complete 30 semester units per year toward your degree
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete GE Areas A2 and B4 by spring semester of your first year
- Earn a C- or better or CR (Credit/No Credit classes) in all of your courses
- Keep your MyPlanner updated, and submit a copy to your college advising center every fall and spring term. Visit the Student Success Central Academic Calendar to find deadlines. To download or print a copy of your MyPlanner, click on the View as PDF button in MyPlanner.
Downloading/Printing Your MyPlanner