Each year, a new cohort of scholars will be recruited during Winter-Spring quarter. Application to the program is a two-step process.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, first please fill out the following form to apply for the scholarship preparatory program by March 25.
Based on the information provided on this form, a group of students will be selected for step 2. The selected students will be notified by April 1.
Only the pre-selected students through the scholarship preparatory program (step 1 above) will be invited to participate in a workshop by the program director and current SFS students followed by a submission of full application package as described below.
- A complete and signed application form which is available at: CPP SFS Application (PDF).
- Two letters of recommendation: at least one letter must be from a faculty member and the other from another faculty member or employer.
- Up-to-date resume that includes work experience, key skills, honors and awards
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- A statement of purpose (1-2 pages) detailing your interests and experience in cyber security, your broader career goals and how participation in the Scholarship for Service Program and working for the government will help achieve these goals.
Submit all application materials in a single package/envelope to:
Dr. Mohammad Husain
Room 8-49, Department of Computer Science
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 W Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768
You should clearly label "CPP SFS Application" on your package/envelope.