Frequently Asked Questions
- When is Grad Fair?
- Where do I pick up my cap and gown?
- When are gowns available?
- Are gowns available on day of event?
- What are bookstore hours?
- Do I need a parking permit?
- Where do I check-in and line-up?
- Is there disabled parking?
- Is there limousine parking?
- What is Senior Send Off?
- When can I pick up my diploma?
1. When is Grad Fair?
April 21st & 22nd, 2015, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (Inside the bookstore atrium, building 66)
2. Where do I pick up my cap and gown?
- Complete your information form with name, height, email, and major
- Pay at the main registers
- Pick up today at the atrium window (or any time after the Fair at the Cap & Gown sales counter by showing your receipt
3. When are gowns available?
- Bachelor's Complete = $64.95
- Master's Complete = $84.95
- Master's Hood Only = $25.95
- Extra Tassel = $8.95
- Cal Poly Pomona Class of 2014 Sash = $34.95
“Complete” includes cap, gown, tassel and sash. Master’s also includes the hood.
You may also purchase your cap and gown online through Jostens. Online orders will not include sash. It will have to be purchased on campus before ceremony or day of event.
4. Are gowns available on day of event?
- It is highly recommended to purchase your cap and gown in advance for proper fitting. Limited quantities and sizes of caps and gowns are available at the Campus Center Marketplace on June 12 through 14, starting about two hours prior to each ceremony.
- These caps and gowns are the ONLY outer attire allowed for graduates. It is not an all-weather garment; inclement weather may damage clothing worn underneath. The attire is all black and warm, plan accordingly for your clothing underneath gown.
5. What are bookstore hours?
Bookstore Schedule :
- Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
6. Do I need a parking permit?
Parking permits will be required for every vehicle prior to entering any parking lot.
- Pre-purchase permits for $6.00 beginning at the Grad Fair (April 21st) and at the Bookstore until Thursday, June 11th.
- Permits are $10.00 each when purchasing the day of the ceremony (June 12th – 14th). CASH ONLY. NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
Valid Parking permits honored
- Student Spring Quarter 2015, Student Annual 2014/2015
- Faculty/Staff Spring Quarter 2015, Faculty/Staff Annual 2014/2015.
- Other valid Cal State University Quarterly/Semester permit.
7. Where do I check-in and line-up?
Participants in commencement ceremonies should be in the designated check-in/line-up area at the time listed below. Pre-printed reader cards will provided at check-inwhich will allow you to provide us pronounciation of your name and email addressto send you photo proofs. Check-in at the registration tents according to your last name, complete your card, and then line-up by major. Hold on to your card as you will present the card to a stage assistant just prior to a professional reader reading your name, as you go on stage to receive your diploma cover.
*All students check-in at the corner of University Drive and Mansion Lane.
Friday, June 12
- College of Science - Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Collins College of Hospitality Management - Check-in: 7:00 pm
Saturday, June 13
- College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences- Check-in: 8:00 am
- College of Engineering - Check-in: 3:00 pm
- College of Agriculture - Check-in: 7:00 pm
Sunday, June 14
- College of Business Administration - Check-in: 8:00 am
- College of Education and Integrative Studies - Check-in: 3:00 pm
- College of Environmental Design - Check-in: 7:00 pm
*All ceremonies are held at the University Quad. All bags are subject to search!
8. Is there disabled parking?
Disabled parking is located in Lot C and Camphor Lane and also requires a paid permit. Please display your Disabled Person Parking Placard.
9. Is there limousine parking?
- Limousine parking must be arranged in advance.
- Limousine parking is located in Lot C and also requires a $20.00 paid permit. A parking officer will provide parking instructions. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2015 to request limousine parking.
- To avoid delays and have optimum parking the day of commencement, it is highly recommended that parking permits be pre-purchased for your family and friends.
10. What is Senior Send Off?
Senior Send Off is any event that the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association sponsors to celebrate the accomplishments of the graduating class. Food, prizes, gifts and a raffle for reserved seating for family and friends to the 2015 commencement ceremony is planned.
- May 1, 2015; Union Plaza; 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- RSVP - TBD
- All of the CLASS of 2015 is invited to attend