Frequently Asked Questions
- When is Grad Fair?
- Where do I pick up my cap and gown?
- When are gowns available?
- Are gowns available on day of event?
- What are bookstore hours?
- Do I need a parking permit?
- Where do I check-in and line-up?
- Is there parking for guests with disabilities?
- Is there limousine parking?
- What is the difference between Graduation and Commencement?
- When can I pick up my diploma?
April 17th & 18th, 2018, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (Inside the bookstore atrium, building 66)
"One stop shop for all your commencement needs"
- Complete your information form with name, height, email, and major
- Pay at the main registers
- Pick up same day at the atrium window (or any time after the Fair at the Cap & Gown sales counter by showing your receipt)
Caps and gowns will be available April 17, 2018 through June 7, 2018 at the main register counter at the Bronco Bookstore:
- Bachelors Complete = $64.95
- Master Complete = $84.95
- Master Hood Only = $25.95
- Extra Tassel = $8.95
- Cal Poly Pomona Sash = $34.95
“Complete” includes cap, gown, tassel and sash. Master includes the hood.
You may also purchase your cap and gown online through Jostens. Online orders will not include sash, it will have to be purchased on campus before ceremony or day of event.
- It is highly recommended to purchase your cap and gown in advance for proper fitting. Limited quantities and sizes of caps and gowns are available at the Campus Center Marketplace on June 8 through 10, starting about two hours prior to each ceremony.
- These caps and gowns are the ONLY outer attire allowed for graduates. It is not an all-weather garment. The attire is all black, plan accordingly for cool clothing underneath gown.
Bookstore Schedule :
- Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Parking permits are not required. Although, carpool is highly recommended as parking is limited during large ceremonies.
Participants in commencement ceremonies should be in the designated check-in/line-up area at the time listed below. Approved participation pre-printed reader cards will be provided at check-in. You will have the opportunity to provide pronounciation of your name, along with email address to send you photo proofs. Check-in at registration tents according to last name, complete reverse side of card, then line-up by major. Hold on to your card and provide to professional reader on stage. Students approved to participate in Early Commencement, applied late for Spring graduation and/or lost their reader card will not have their honors read.
*All students check-in at the corner of University Drive and Mansion Lane.
Friday, June 8
- Collins College of Hospitality Management - Check-in: 3:00 pm
- Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture - Check-in: 7:00 pm
Saturday, June 9
- College of Business Administration - Check-in: 8:00 am
- College of Science - Check-in: 2:00 pm
- College of Education and Integrative Studies - Check-in: 7:00 pm
Sunday, June 10
- College of Engineering - Check-in: 8:00 am
- College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences - Check-in: 2:00 pm
- College of Environmental Design - Check-in: 7:00 pm
*All ceremonies are held at the University Quad. All bags are subject to search.
Parking for guests with disabilities is located in Lot "M" and Camphor Lane. Please display your Disabled Parking Placard. Download printable map.
- Limousine parking must be arranged in advance.
- A parking officer will provide parking instructions. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24 , 2018.
Graduation refers to the term in which you have officially and successfully completed all of your graduation requirements. You must apply for the term in which you plan to graduate through your Student Center in BroncoDirect. Once grades are posted, your record will be evaluated and if all requirements are met, your degree will be awarded.
The Commencement ceremony is often referred to as "Graduation," but in reality there is a difference. Commencement is a ceremony and celebration for students projected to successfully complete all of their graduation requirements by the end of Spring Quarter or those that completed the summer, fall or winter before. You will not receive a diploma at the Commencement ceremony. Confirmation of degree completion will not take place until official grades are posted.