Welcome to Bronco Advising!
Academic Advising at Cal Poly Pomona is dedicated to supporting students and implementing best practices to promote educational and professional success of all students. The advising community uses academic policies to guide students to achieve life long career goals and make informed decisions regarding their educational pursuits.
Academic Advising at Cal Poly Pomona will continue to consist of a proactive group of educators knowledgeable about university policies and procedures while providing current, helpful and comprehensive information to students. Academic Advising at Cal Poly Pomona advocates for the interest of each individual student and advisors will serve as active stakeholders in shaping student success.
As a Cal Poly Pomona student we expect our Broncos to take ownership of their education. We expect you to come prepared to all advising sessions. In order for you to be successful at Cal Poly Pomona, we recommend you to do the following:
- Complete a pre-advising worksheet before an advising session.
- Prepare an individual advising plan to degree completion, and update the plan regularly.
- Determine your strengths and weaknesses related to your major.
- Make informed decisions related to achieving your degree.
- Recognize the need for academic assistance and seek out the resources to be successful in your major.
- Seek out an Academic Advisor when you have questions related to requirements for your degree.
Get information about a new online tool to help you graduate faster.