THE COLLINS COLLEGE OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Founded in 1973, The Collins College of Hospitality Management is the first and largest four-year hospitality management degree program in California and the only hospitality management college on the West Coast.
Give to the College
The Collins College of Hospitality Management thrives from a tradition of excellence and continued growth.
- Out of 1,400 Collins College students, 70% receive financial aid.
- Collins College students are eligible for more than $100,000 in endowed college scholarships. Another $100,000 is also available through professional organizations that have historically supported Collins College students.
- Over 60 percent of Collins students enrolled this year are Latino, African American or Asian, contributing to the growing diversity in the hospitality industry.
We are grateful for the generosity of our friends and alumni, whose continued financial support is critical to meeting the demand and maintaining our standard of excellence.
Where to Give?
The office of University Advancement and Alumni Affairs are committed to upholding the vision of The Collins College by reaching out to corporations and foundations, alumni and friends for financial support. Every gift supports our vision and contributes to the success of the college.
The following information elaborates on the specific areas of need at The Collins College.
- Naming opportunities are available for the college and many of its programs and facilities through endowments that support the college and secure its future.
- Endowed faculty positions in the Collins College will attract and retain leading faculty and allow the university to admit more applicants to our high demand program. The endowment will support faculty research and travel for academic workshops and industry conferences.
- The college’s plan to enhance our center of excellence includes a plan to renovate classrooms and conference rooms in the college. The $7 million dollar project will upgrade existing classrooms and technology to better serve our growing student population.
- Endowed scholarships support students who will become future leaders in the hospitality industry worldwide. This support will eliminate the barriers posed to many students by rising tuition costs, strengthening accessibility for deserving students. Scholarships will provide financial support for student involvement at industry conferences and study abroad opportunities.
How to Give?
- Annual giving - Gifts of cash and securities, such as stock shares, bonds and real property Matching Gifts allow you to multiply the effects of your generosity by taking advantage of a corporate matching gift program.
- Estate & Planned Giving - Planned gifts can be designed to meet your personal philanthropic and financial goals. Some planned gifts, such as bequests, require no current outlay of funds. Other planned gifts, such as the charitable remainder trust, make it possible to support our work, enjoy a tax deduction, and receive a lifetime income at the same time. Learn more by visiting our Planned Giving website.
- Corporate & Foundation Partnerships - The Collins College of Hospitality Management may be a public institution, yet a tradition of philanthropy from industry partners has enabled the college to grow significantly in infrastructure, reputation and quality of education. The college has fostered a strong alignment to industry trends and commitment from industry leaders since its formation in 1973. The growth and maturation of the program during the past 35 years is due largely to the unwavering support from industry partners. Private funding has allowed the college to build 55,000 square feet of high-tech facilities including classrooms, laboratories, the Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch, and a living wine library for applied food and beverage instruction.
- Faculty & Staff Giving - As a member of the Cal Poly Pomona community, your gift to The Collin’s College’s annual and capital campaigns will help provide students with scholarships, superb faculty, state-of-the-art equipment and valuable opportunities to participate in internships and research. Gifts through payroll deduction are available to enhance educational programs of our college.
- Alumni & Students - Naming opportunities are available on the Building 80 donor wall. Our more than 3,000 Collins alumni can truly impact the university with their loyalty as advocates through charitable giving. Thanks to the generosity of Collins alumni, students have received support through student scholarships, endowments and major capital improvement projects.
- Parents & Families- Parents and Families are invited to help advance the college’s mission through financial support for students and programs.
Cal Poly Pomona’s gift planning professionals can work with you to discuss how the Collins College can be included in your financial and estate plans to support the campaign, provide substantial tax benefits and maximize charitable giving. Gifts to the college are tax deductible to the full extent of the Internal Revenue Code.
For more information, please contact:
Gina Johnson, M.P.A., CFRE
Director of Major Gifts
The Collins College of Hospitality Management
3801 West Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768
T: 909.869.5349 / F: 909.869.4499