The Impact of Giving
"We are grateful for the generosity of our friends and alumni, whose continued financial support is critical to meeting and maintaining our standard of excellence!"
-Dean Lea Dopson
The Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona thrives from a tradition of philanthropy and legacy of industry support that has enabled it to grow significantly in infrastructure, reputation and quality of education since its formation in 1973.
What began as a small department within the College of Business of Administration with 2 faculty members and 34 students, is now considered one of the nation's leading hospitality management programs thanks to donor support.
With approximately 1,300 diverse hospitality management students enrolled in our program, about 70% receive financial aid to assist with educational expenses. Financial assistance from generous donors allows students more time and energy to focus on academics.
- At Cal Poly Pomona, more than half of undergraduates are students of color, and one in three students is first in their family to attend college.
- Over 60 percent of enrolled Collins College students are Latino, African American or Asian, contributing to the growing diversity in the hospitality industry.
- Collins College students are eligible for more than $100,000 in endowed college scholarships. Another $100,000 is also available through professional organizations that have historically supported Collins College students.
Where to Give?
The office of University Advancement and Alumni Affairs are committed to upholding the vision of The Collins College by reaching out to corporations and foundations, alumni and friends for financial support. Every gift supports our vision and contributes to the success of the college.
AREAS OF NEED:
- Endowed scholarships provide financial support for student involvement at industry conferences and study abroad opportunities, and they strengthen accessibility for deserving students.
- Endowed faculty positions to support faculty research and travel for academic workshops and industry conferences.
- Enhance our center of excellence by supporting classroom, laboratory, and conference space renovations at the college.
- Naming opportunities are available for the various indoor and outdoor spaces at the college, as well as many of its programs.
Give Your Way
Cal Poly Pomona’s gift planning professionals can work with you to discuss how the Collins College can be included in your financial and estate plans to support the campaign, provide substantial tax benefits and maximize charitable giving. Gifts to the college are tax deductible to the full extent of the Internal Revenue Code.
Instant Online Giving - To make an instant gift to the Annual Fund, simply complete the form and provide your credit card information.
- Check or Money Orders - Send a check or money order made payable to the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, and we will send you the receipt:
Pledges - If you’d like to make a pledge that can be paid off in consecutive monthly installments, contact Raven Carter, our Annual Fund Assistant at (909) 869-4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned Giving - Planned gifts can be designed to meet your personal philanthropic and financial goals. Learn more by visiting our Planned Giving website.
Matching Gifts - Multiply the effects of your generosity by taking advantage of a corporate matching gift program. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please visit our Matching Gifts page.
In-kind Gifts - Gifts of tangible personal property, such as equipment, materials, crops, and company products or inventory.
Payroll Deduction - Faculty and staff can demonstrate pride in their work, pride in the university and belief in the work of their colleagues. Submit a payroll deduction form.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Development for Strategic Initiatives
The Collins College of Hospitality Management
3801 West Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768