Graduation Pledge

2-Year California Promise Program

The California Promise ​Program enables a specific number of campuses of the California State University, including Cal Poly Pomona, to establish programs for students who are pursuing an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) from any California Community College and plan to complete their bachelor's degrees in two years at a CSU campus. This legislatively-mandated program is limited to students who are California residents.

Transfer students must be a California resident and enter fall term with a completed Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT).

Engineering and architecture students are ineligible for the program. 

If you are eligible for the California Promise, you will receive an invitation to apply. This will be your only chance during your time at Cal Poly Pomona to apply.

You will receive a confirmation email in your CPP inbox when we receive your application. If you're accepted, you'll receive a second email outlining your next steps in working with your advisor to create and submit an academic plan. 

Please note that your acceptance is conditional until we confirm your ADT status. If your self-reported ADT is not verified by Admissions & Enrollment Planning, you will not be eligible to continue in the program in the second year. We will send you more communication about this process. 

If you're not eligible for the program or miss the application period, don't worry! You will still have access to your academic advisor, and you can still graduate within four years by planning for 30 semester units per year. Visit the Take 30 website to learn more about the benefits. 

To be a part of the California Promise, you must: 

  • Remain in the same major you selected when you came to CPP
  • Enroll in and maintain at least 15 units at Cal Poly Pomona in Fall 2020 
    • Exception: due to COVID-19, students can enroll in a minimum of 12 units for fall 2020 term but must complete 30 units by the summer of their first year.
  • Successfully complete 30 semester units per year toward your degree
  • Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 
  • Earn a C- or better or CR (Credit/No Credit classes) in all of your courses
  • Keep your MyPlanner updated, and submit a copy to your college advising center every fall and spring term. Visit the Student Success Central Academic Calendar to find deadlines. To download or print a copy of your MyPlanner, click on the View as PDF button in MyPlanner. 
Downloading/Printing Your MyPlanner

 How to print your MyPlanner