Students in the Environmental Biology program have a variety of oportunities to participate in field activities and assist field scientists in data collection and analysis while exploring different sites.
Goal of the Program
Prepare students for careers in:
- Air and water quality management
- Environmental assessment & risk management
- Resource management
- Conservation biology
- Environmental education & research
Scope of the Program
Study of several levels of Biological Organization including the
- Ecosystems & Communities
Three Areas of Emphasis
- Conservation Biology: Identify & protect critical habitat, manage rare & endangered species and design ecological reserves
- Ecosystem Ecology & Management: Conduct ecological field research, manage natural resources on public & private lands, assess environmental impacts of proposed actions
- Environmental Microbiology & Biotechnology: Laboratory research to assess water & air quality, transport & fate of pollutants, and environmental health in general.