There is a total of $40,000 in available funds for the 2018-2019 grant cycle.
The following criteria will be used to select grantees:
- Project is likely to increase student understanding and achievement of the curriculum standards in language arts, mathematics, science, and/or social studies.
- Project goals and learning objectives are clearly defined and tied to students' academic needs. The expected impact on student performance is described for all participants.
- Assessments measure student learning in core subject areas, are appropriate for proposed project, and rubric is included.
- When planning your field trip, please include pre- and post-trip activities connected to your classroom learning objectives.
- Activities, a time line, and logistics are clearly described.
- The budget categorizes and shows item by item use of grant funds. The project costs less than $500 per classroom/teacher, or sufficient funding is in place for the project to be completed.
- For those working on a joint project with other teachers or classrooms, the collaborative effort is explained (a maximum of four teachers may collaborate on one project).
- The school administrator fully understands and supports the project as evidenced by checking the appropriate box on the website application.