Economics Department Open Position
Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time/Temporary Lecturers
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
The Economics Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites lecturers to become members of our part-time temporary lecturers pool. Specializations in Economic Development and History of Economic Thought are especially welcomed.
- MS and/or Ph.D. in Economics from an accredited university by appointment date
- University teaching experience
- Ph.D. in Economics preferred
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, especially in Principles of Economics
- Fields in Economic Development and History of Economic Thought
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter (approximately 11 weeks) at fractions usually ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time; multiple quarter appointments are possible. Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable performance evaluations.
Candidates must submit originals of:
- a completed academic application
- a curriculum vitae
- three recent (dated within the past two years and at least one written within 12 months of the application) letters of reference;
- an official transcript ("Issued to Student" is not considered an official transcript) from an accredited educational institution showing highest degree earned.
Please address all inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to:
Dr. Bruce Brown, Chair, Economics Department
c/o Rosie Pasos
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona, CA 91768