Geography and Anthropology Department Open Position
Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time/Temporary Lecturers
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
The Department of Geography and Anthropology at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites lecturers to become members of our part-time temporary lecturer pool. We have a dynamic faculty in both disciplines and offer a variety of introductory and advanced undergraduate courses. Specializations in CRM, GIS, Asia, Latin America, environmental geography, and biological anthropology are especially welcomed.
- Advanced degree in anthropology or geography from an accredited university.
- University teaching experience.
- Field and/or professional experience.
- Ph.D. preferred.
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter (approximately 11 weeks) at fractions usually ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time; multiple quarter appointments are possible. Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable performance evaluations.
Candidates must submit originals of:
- a completed academic application
- a curriculum vitae
- three recent (dated within the past two years and at least one written within 12 months of the application) letters of reference;
- an official transcript ("Issued to Student" is not considered an official transcript) from an accredited educational institution showing highest degree earned.
Please address all inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to:
Dr. Kristen Conway-Gómez, Chair, Department of Geography and Anthropology
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave
Pomona, CA 91768