Psychology and Sociology Department Open Position
Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time/Temporary Lecturers
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
The Psychology and Sociology Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites lecturers to become members of our part-time temporary lecturers pool in Sociology (Sociology, Criminology, and Social Work).
- For teaching sociology classes: ABD in Sociology required.
- For teaching criminology classes: ABD in Sociology, Criminology or Criminal Justice required.
- For teaching social work classes: MSW required.
- All degrees granted should be from an accredited university by application date.
NOTE: Registrar's verification of ABD status required if not indicated on official transcript.
- For teaching sociology classes: Ph.D. in Sociology.
- For teaching criminology classes: Ph.D. in Sociology, Criminology or Criminal Justice.
- For teaching social work classes: LCSW, DSW or Ph.D. in Social Work.
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter (approximately 11 weeks) at fractions usually ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time; multiple quarter appointments are possible. Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable performance evaluations. A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of the current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Candidates must submit originals of:
- a completed academic application
- a curriculum vitae
- three recent (dated within the past two years and at least one written within 12 months of the application) letters of reference
- an official transcript (“Issued to Student” is not considered an official transcript) from an accredited educational institution showing highest degree earned.
Please address all inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to: