Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, College of Engineering
T TH | 1:30-2:30PM T TH | 4:30-5:30PM T TH | 7:00-8:00PM
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Advanced Foundation Engineering
- Earth Retaining Structures
- Advanced Soil Mechanics II
- Slope Stability and Earth Dams
- Ph.D. Geotechnical Engineering, UCLA
- MS, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, University of Tehran
- BS, Civil Engineering, Shiraz University
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ViU5ePEAAAAJ&hl=en
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ali_Shafiee7
- Shafiee, A., R Dabiri and F Askari (2017). “Dynamic Properties of Firoozkooh Sand-Silt Mixtures” Journal of Seismology & Earthquake Engineering (JSEE), 19(4), 273-284.
- Yniesta, S., Brandenberg, S.J. and Shafiee, A. (2017). “ARCS: A one dimensional nonlinear soil model for ground response analysis.” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 102, 75-85.
- Shafiee, A., JP Stewart, R Venugopal and SJ Brandenberg (2017). “Adaption of broadband simple shear device for constant volume and stress-controlled testing,” Geotechnical Testing Journal, 40(1), 15-28
- Shafiee, A, JP Stewart, and SJ Brandenberg (2014). “Reset of secondary compression clock for peat by cyclic straining,” ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 141 (3), 02815001.
- Shafiee, A, SJ Brandenberg, and JP Stewart (2013). “Laboratory investigation of the pre- and post-cyclic volume change properties of Sherman Island peat,” Geo-Congress 2013, San Diego.
- Stewart, JP, SJ Brandenberg, and A Shafiee (2013). "Laboratory evaluation of seismic failure mechanisms of levees on peat," UCLA-SGEL 2013/04, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory, Civil & Environmental Engineering Department, UCLA.
- Shafiee, A, M Kamalian, MK Jafari, and H Hamzehloo (2011). “Ground motion studies for microzonation in Iran,” Natural Hazards, 59(1), 481-505.
- Shafiee, A, M Bahador, and R Bahrami (2008). “Application of fuzzy set theory to evaluate the effect of pore pressure build-up on the seismic stability of Karkheh embankment dam, Iran,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 12(8), 1296-1313.
- Shafiee, A (2008). “The influence of clay core composition on the seismic stability of embankment dams,” ICE Geotechnical Journal,61(6), 283-290.
- Shafiee, A (2008). “Permeability of granule-clay mixtures,” Engineering Geology, 97(3-4), 199-208.
- Shafiee, A, and A Azadi (2007). “Shear-wave velocity characteristics of geologic units throughout Tehran City, Iran. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 29, 105-115.
- Jafari, MK and A Shafiee (2004). “Mechanical behavior of compacted composite clays,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 41(6), 1152-1167.
- Jafari, MK, A Shafiee, and A Razmkhah (2002). “Dynamic properties of fine grained soils in south of Tehran”, JSEE, 4(1), 25-35.