THE COLLINS COLLEGE OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Founded in 1973, The Collins College of Hospitality Management is the first and largest four-year hospitality management degree program in California and the only hospitality management college on the West Coast.
Give to the College
The Collins College of Hospitality Management thrives from a tradition of excellence and continued growth. To keep up with this remarkable growth and still maintain our standards, Cal Poly Pomona, including The Collins College, launched a comprehensive campaign in 2010 to raise $150 million over the next five years. Of this goal, The Collins College strives to raise $20 million to fund two new academic buildings and expand its endowment.
Wonderful advancements have taken place in recent years. We have raised about $13 million of the $20 million we set out to raise in 2010. We launched a Master of Science in Hospitality Management program from our renowned undergraduate program and we have a major building expansion underway. We are grateful for the generosity of our friends and alumni, whose continued financial support is critical to meeting the demand and maintaining our standard of excellence.
The Collins College Expansion Donor Recognition Wall
The Collins College building expansion will include a donor recognition wall for our alumni and friends to leave their legacy and support the college. Special rates are available for alumni.
- Alumni are encouraged to fill out this form.
- Non-alumni may purchase their inscriptions by filling out this form.
The Collins College Expansion Naming OpportunitiesThe college has raised $10 million for the construction of an academic building expansion, however additional private support is vital to make this project fully completed and live up to the college's current high-quality facilities. Ongoing contributions are needed to landscape and furnish The Collins College academic building expansion. Naming opportunities are available for this impressive project.
Additional Giving Opportunities
The office of University Advancement and Alumni Affairs are committed to upholding the vision of The Collins College by reaching out to corporations and foundations, alumni and friends for financial support. Every gift supports our vision and contributes to the success of the college.
The following information elaborates on the specific areas of need at The Collins College.
- Unrestricted Student Scholarship Fund: $2 million goal
- The Collins College scholarship fund will be utilized to recruit the top 10 of incoming students and retain them through graduation. Scholarship support will eliminate the barriers posed to some students by rising tuition costs, strengthening accessibility for deserving students. A gift of $50,000 will endow a named scholarship fund.
Endowed Positions and Faculty
- Endowed Distinguished Professorships: $5 million goal
- The College’s vision is to shape the future of hospitality. An endowed Distinguished Professorship helps to recruit top faculty members well known in research and teaching. A gift of $2.5 million will endow a named Chair in your name, the name of a loved one, or interest.
- Faculty Development Endowment : $1 million goal
- Endowment funds promote and support faculty research and fund travel and expenses related to academic workshops and industry conferences.
- The Hae & Shina Park In Memory of Dr. Donald Lundberg Alumni and Outreach Endowment: $1 million goal
- By building endowment resources, the colleges’ alumni outreach will expand external communications and support alumni events. The endowment funds the Director of Communications and External Relations position and supports the production of Collins Magazine and other communications for the college.
- Faculty Fellows Program: $500,000 goal
- Funding will subsidize a selected faculty member's reduced course load, which will allow faculty to spend a greater portion of their time engaged in academic and professional development activities necessary to their long-term success.
- Dean’s Associates Program: $100,000 goal
- Funding will enable the college to respond to emerging needs, leverage existing resources, and capitalize on unique opportunities. Gifts of $1,000 and above, would typically support special guest speakers, provide staff development and training opportunities, purchase equipment for classrooms and labs, or employ skilled students to work on special projects.
Ways to Get Involved
- Corporate and Foundation-Industry leaders are encouraged to teach in the classroom and share their expertise with students and faculty to enhance curriculum. Industry and community leaders can also help students through internships and job opportunities and get involved at The Collins College through the advisory board.
- Faculty, Staff and Retirees-As a member of the Cal Poly Pomona community, your gift to The Collin’s College’s annual and capital campaigns will help provide students with scholarships, superb faculty, state-of-the-art equipment and valuable opportunities to participate in internships and research. Gifts through payroll deduction are available to “Leave Your Mark” to enhance educational programs of our college.
- Alumni- Our more than 3,000 Collins alumni can truly impact the university with their loyalty as advocates through charitable giving. Thanks to the generosity of Collins alumni, students have received support through student scholarships, endowments and major capital improvement projects. Please join your fellow alumni and help advance our university for today’s and tomorrow’s students.
- Parents and Families are invited to help advance the college’s mission through financial support for students and programs.
Ways to Give
- Gifts of cash and securities, such as stock shares, bonds and real property can be applied to the campaign. Campaign commitments may be completed over a period of up to five years. You may pledge an amount to the gift opportunity of your choice and arrange to pay it in installments.
- Planned or deferred gifts allow the college to prepare for the future and can allow donors to make a significant commitment to ensure the future of academic excellence. You may make a provision for The Collins College in your estate plans, assuring a legacy that lasts beyond your lifetime.
- Tribute and Memorial gifts allow individuals to honor and remember an individual’s dedication to a program, field of study or excellence in the hospitality industry.
- Matching Gifts allow you to multiply the effects of your generosity by taking advantage of a corporate matching gift program. These programs allow you, as an employee, to direct your organizations philanthropy to benefit the college. You may also qualify under the matching gift program of a company from which you retired, at which your spouse works (or retired), or whose board of trustees you serve. If you discover that you can procure additional funds for the college, please complete the appropriate forms and send them along with your gift. Visit the Cal Poly Pomona's matching gift site to see if your employer matches gifts.
Cal Poly Pomona’s gift planning professionals can work with you to discuss how the Collins College can be included in your financial and estate plans to support the campaign, provide substantial tax benefits and maximize charitable giving. Gifts to the campaign are tax deductible to the full extent of the Internal Revenue Code.
For more information, please contact:
Gina Johnson, M.P.A.
Director of Major Gifts
The Collins College of Hospitality Management
3801 West Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768
T: 909.869.5349 / F: 909.869.4499