Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
This slideshow contains 4 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships warmly welcomes all students.
To provide financial assistance to students and families in support of reaching their academic goals.
We are here to assist you with obtaining the finances you need to complete the degree you set out to achieve. We trust this website will provide you with the information necessary to navigate through the financial aid process. What you put into your educational experience is what you will get out of it. Together, let’s take the time to invest in your future! Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about any information listed. Remember, you are our reason for being here!
Notice: The Board of Trustees has approved a tuition increase for 2017-18. Details about the increase can be found on the CSU website.
Win Free Textbooks for a Year!!!!!
College Ave Student Loans is currently running a contest for a chance to win free textbooks. Contest is from June 1st through August 31st. You can win up to $1,200 for the year. One winner will be chosen each month. Don’t lose the chance to win. Good Luck!
To enter log in to:
Submitting Financial Aid Documents, Made Easy!
Great news! Students, beginning with the 2016-2017 academic year, you will be able to submit the majority of the required verification documents electronically. If you are required to submit additional documents, our office will send you a link directly to the forms you need to complete. We hope you are as excited about this new process as we are. Within the next 2 weeks, be on the lookout for an email from our office if you are required to submit additional documents. Don’t be alarmed if you do not receive an email. That just means you are not required to submit any other documents! Just remember, complete your FAFSA in order to start the application process!
To Apply For Financial Aid (Grants, Loans and Scholarships)
We've got some important news to share with you! The FAFSA process is changing. Starting this year, the application will be available on October 1st and different tax infomation will be used. Go www.FAFSA.ed.gov for details. Complete your application by March 2. If you miss this deadline, you might miss out on eligible funds! This also applies for the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)! the CADAA can be found on the Dream Act web portal located at www.caldreamact.org.
All students must apply or reapply (renew) yearly for financial aid. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application that most students need to complete.
To be eligible to file the FAFSA, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be in a degree-seeking program
The other method of applying for Financial Aid is the California Dream Application. This application became available following the passage of two, California Assembly bills, AB 130 and AB 131. Together, these bills became known as the California Dream Act. The California Dream Act allows certain, undocumented students to receive State and University Financial Aid.
To be eligible to file the California Dream Application, students must:
- Not be eligible to file the FAFSA
- Be eligible for AB 540 as determined by the Office of Admissions
- Be in a degree-seeking program
- Have registered or currently be enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education in California
- May not be non-immigrants holding a valid lettered non-immigrant visa
Scholarships are available through Cal Poly Pomona as well as from organizations, businesses, and community groups that are external to the university. Scholarships are generally awarded on the basis of academic merit, leadership, talent, and/or community service. Financial need is a criterion for some but not all scholarships. Eligibility criteria, application procedures, and deadlines may vary by program.
For Cal Poly Pomona scholarships from the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the academic colleges, and many campus departments, please complete the Bronco Scholarship Application (BSA).
For more scholarship opportunities and information about scholarships in general, please visit http://www.cpp.edu/~financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/index.shtml
- Approximately 2-3 weeks after you complete the FAFSA or Dream Application, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). Carefully review your status and, if you need to make any corrections, follow the instructions. Our office will receive your information as long as Cal Poly Pomona is listed in the School Selection section.
- Check your Student Center in BroncoDirect. Here you can track your financial aid, as well as manage other university activities. The To Do List, which lets you know what is required to complete your financial aid process, can be found on the right side of your BroncoDirect, Student Center.
Here are a few key things to remember when applying for Financial Aid:
- Only one application is required, either the FAFSA or Dream Application, not both.
- If the FAFSA application priority date (March 2nd) is missed, students should apply as soon after that date as possible to be considered for the financial aid that is still available.
- It is recommended that you (if you are required to do so) and your parents complete your taxes before filing the FAFSA; however, if you or your parents have not filed your tax return, submit the FAFSA using estimated figures. After you and your parents have filed your taxes, you can make corrections to your FAFSA as needed.
- If there are errors on your FAFSA, our office might not receive your FAFSA. Be sure to check for errors and make corrections as needed.
- Even if you mark the “Work Study” box on your FAFSA, you will still need to apply for Work Study by completing an Information Update Form and submitting it to our office.
- Remember, there are two Cal Polys. Be sure to choose California Polytechnic University, Pomona. (If you choose Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, our office will not receive your FAFSA.)
- Cal Poly Pomona’s school code is 001144.