Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs

Treatment and Recovery

The University recognizes alcohol and other drug dependency as treatable conditions and offers educational and counseling assistance and/or referrals to employees and students to aid them in dealing with problems associated with substance abuse.

All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to be proactive in their response to perceived alcohol abuse or drug dependency by initiating discussions with individuals whose behavior is not in accordance with the Cal Poly Pomona Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy. In situations where a member of the campus community is uncomfortable approaching an individual perceived to have a problem with alcohol/drug abuse, Human Resources, Judicial Affairs, the University Ombuds Office or University Police are appropriate resources for assistance.


CPP Students

For students, Student Health and Wellness Services and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) are the campus resources for treatment of alcohol/drug related problems, as well as for advice in assisting students with related issues.

Student Health and Wellness Services
Building 46
Phone: (909) 869-4000

Counseling Services
Building 66, Room 116 (Bookstore Building)
Phone: (909) 869-3220


CPP Faculty and Staff

For faculty and staff, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a campus resource that can provide appropriate referrals for assistance with drug or alcohol related problems. Benefits-eligible employees may have coverage in their medical benefits packages for counseling and the treatment of alcohol/drug related problems. Auxiliary employees and volunteers should contact the Human Resources representative in their respective auxiliary.

Employee Assistance Program (CPPLifeMatters by Empathia)
Hotline: (800) 367-7474