History Department Open Position
Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time/Temporary Lecturers
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
The History Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites lecturers to become members of our part-time temporary lecturer pool. The department has an ongoing demand for instructors of US History, California History, and World Civilizations.
- Record of successful teaching as an assistant or instructor at the college or university level.
- Academic achievement in appropriate topic areas related to available teaching assignments.
- A Ph.D. in History
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in U.S. History, World Civilizations, or other subjects open for assignment.
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter (approximately 11 weeks) at fractions usually ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time; multiple quarter appointments are possible. Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable performance evaluations.
Candidates must submit:
- A letter of application that states candidate’s interests and qualifications for the position.
- A completed academic application (form available upon request).
- A curriculum vitae.
- Three recent (dated within the past two years and at least one written within 12 months of the application) letters of reference.
- An official transcript ("Issued to Student" is not considered an official transcript) from an accredited educational institution showing highest degree earned
Please address all inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to:
Dr. Eileen Wallis, Chair, History Department
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona, CA 91768