Education and Professional Registration
Register Professional Civil Engineer, California
Ph.D. Civil Engineering Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 2009
M.S. Civil Engineering Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 2006
B.S. Environmental Engineering California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo 2001
Introduction to Civil Engineering
Engineering Hydraulics Laboratory
Environmental Resource Management
Environmental Resource Management Laboratory
- Shah-Fairbank, S.C. and J. J. Castaneda (2020). “Hydrologic Analysis using Civil Design vs HEC-HMS on Horsethief Creek Canyon Wash, California.” Journal of Hydrogeology & Hydrologic Engineering.
- Shah-Fairbank, S.C. and P.Y. Julien (2015). “Total Sediment Load Calculations from Point Measurements.” International Journal of Sediment Research.
- Shah-Fairbank, S.C., P. Y. Julien and D.C. Baird (2011)." Total Sediment Load from SEMEP using Depth-Integrated Concentration Measurements." Journal of Hydraulic Engineering.
- Shah-Fairbank, S. C., & Hottinger, P. R., & Haren, S. (April 2020l), Engaging Students in Evaluation of Engineering Situation through Information Literacy Paper presented at Proceedings of the 2020 ASEE PSW Section Conference, canceled, Davis, California. https://peer.asee.org/36030
- Shah-Fairbank, S. C., Omar E. Mora and Kaylee M. Rodrigues (April 2018). P Physical Topographic Development Using Aerial Imagery for Remote Site Modeling, UESI 2018 Surveying & Geomatics Conference, Pomona, CA.
- Shah-Fairbank, S. C., and Kevin F. Hernandez (June 2018). Physical Hydrological Modeling of Bell Canyon for Education, Outreach and Research 2018 World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, Minneapolis, MN.
- Shah-Fairbank, S.C. and Larisa Preiser-Houy (February 2018). Engaging Faculty across Disciplines in Evidence-Based Assessment through Institutional Level Rubric Design from General Education to the Major AAC&U 2018 GENERAL EDUCATION AND ASSESSMENT Foundations for Democracy, Philadelphia, PA.
- Shah-Fairbank, S. C., S. Gibson and John Shelley (May 2017). BSTEM Modeling of Jameson Cutoff in HEC-RAS 2017 World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, Sacramento, CA.
- Shah-Fairbank, S. C. and K. Lamb. (April 2017) Comparison of Traditional, Hybrid and Flipped Classroom for Water Resources Design Courses. 2017 ASEE Pacific Southwest Section Meeting, Tempe, CA.
- Hernandez, K. and S. Shah-Fairbank (December 2016). Comparing the Hydrologic and Watershed Processes between a Full Scale Stochastic Model versus a Scaled Physical Model of Bell Canyon. Poster session presented at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Shah-Fairbank, S.C. (June 2014). Regional Sediment Management: Devils Gate Dam, American WaterWorks Association 2014 Whole Water Conference, Monterey,CA.
- Smith, S., P. Hsia, and S. Shah-Fairbank. (2013) “San Dimas Experimental Watershed Modeling Project.” World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2013, pp. 2586-2592.