Cal Poly Pomona’s University Archives collects, organizes, preserves, and makes available archival materials documenting the history of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. Learn more about the history of Cal Poly Pomona and resources.
Correspondence, articles, book manuscripts, subject files, notes, printed matter, and realia pertaining to the writings of Cal Poly Pomona Professor Emerita and noted poet Virginia Hamilton Adair (1913-2004).
The collection contains programs, photographs, written speeches, audio and video recordings, and other materials pertaining to the commencement activities at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and the university's eight colleges. There are also materials related to the Kellogg-Voorhis campus, prior to Cal Poly Pomona's split from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
The collection contains records documenting the planning, development, and implementation of events and programs celebrating Cal Poly Pomona's 50th anniversary. The records include meeting agendas and minutes, correspondence, financial records, photographs, memorabilia, and materials collected for an unrealized time capsule.
The collection consists of telephone directories for the Cal Poly Pomona Campus from 1959 to 2013. The phone directories include lists of faculty along with their school and personal contact information; college departments; and maps of the campus and surrounding area.
Avon Carlson was the first student body president of the Cal Poly Voorhis campus, which opened in 1938. The collection includes correspondence, photographs, and clippings documenting Carlson's time as a student at the Voorhis campus.
Correspondence, articles, lectures, speeches, book manuscripts, subject files, notes, and printed matter pertaining to the writings and academic career of philosopher and educator Abraham Kaplan (1918-1993).
The Los Robles Horticulture Club is one of the oldest clubs at Cal Poly Pomona. The club was founded in 1940 for students who have a common interest in the art of gardening. The collection includes charters, correspondence, meeting minutes, publications, photographs, and scrapbooks.
John T. Lyle (1934-1998) taught Landscape Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona from 1968 to 1998. He was also founding project director of the Center for Regenerative Studies at Cal Poly Pomona, which is now called the John T. Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies. This collection includes personal and business correspondence; course outlines and lecture notes; blueprints and project designs; materials relating to the Center for Regenerative Studies, drafts and notes from his writings, including unpublished material; personal papers and subject files; and photographs and other audiovisual materials.
Chester O. McCorkle served in various educational and administrative roles at Cal Poly from 1932 to 1966, eventually becoming dean of the college for the Kellogg campus in Pomona. The collection contains administrative records, correspondence, reports and studies pertaining to curricula and other matters, reports from the Cal Poly Kellogg Campus to the Kellogg Foundation, records documenting the development of the Cal Poly Voorhis and Kellogg campuses, and programs for campus events.
Deborah Meadows, Professor Emerita at Cal Poly Pomona, is an accomplished poet, playwright, and essayist. The collection contains journals and magazines in which Meadows' poetry has been published and other materials related to her writing.
The collection contains correspondence, news clippings, photographs, flyers, and other material related to the Douglass Adair Symposia, a series of conferences and academic meetings that began in the 1980s and ran until at least 2008 at Cal Poly Pomona. The meetings focused on commemorating historical birthdays. The collection was donated by Dr. John Allphin Moore, the Cal Poly Pomona history professor who organized and served as director of the symposia.
The National Model United Nations Collection features files, photographs, awards and artifacts from the Model United Nations program at Cal Poly Pomona.
The office of Student Life and Cultural Centers (OSLCC) is a department of the Cal Poly Pomona Division of Student Affairs. The collection includes by-laws, lists of officers, rechartering applications, flyers and other records from over 150 clubs, councils, associations, teams, societies, sororities, and fraternities at Cal Poly Pomona.
Donald H. Pflueger was a history professor at Cal Poly Pomona for nearly forty years and wrote several books on the Pomona Valley. The collection includes manuscripts, drafts, and research materials for his book California State Polytechnic University, Pomona—A Legacy and a Mission.
The availability of these papers in the west coast should prove beneficial to students and scholars interested in the history of early twentieth century American foreign policy (including policy toward Latin America), Progressivism in the United States, the administrations of Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and Woodrow Wilson, the US involvement in World War I, and the development of opinion journalism in the United States.