Skip To Content

Transfer Orientation Checklist

What do I need to do before Orientation?

Before Orientation, students should complete the following steps:

  • Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
  • Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA no later than March 2.
  • Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect  by June 1.
  • If you plan to live on campus, submit your Village application.
  • Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
  • Submit your final official transcripts by July 15.
  • Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment before your Orientation date.
  • Check your Cal Poly Pomona email regularly for updates.
  • Get directions to the university and review a campus map. Use our Getting Here website to find out information about local airports and public transportation.
  • Print a copy of your Transfer Credit Report on BroncoDirect (if available).
  • Complete the Pre-Orientation Information Form at least 2 weeks before you attend Orientation. 
  • Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
  • Upload your photo for your Bronco ID. Learn more about your Bronco ID here.
  • View the Orientation Schedule by downloading the free Guidebook app and searching "Cal Poly Pomona Orientation 2015".

What should I bring to Orientation?

We will take care of your meals. To make your stay more comfortable, we recommend you bring the following:

  • Bronco ID number and password
  • Unofficial transcripts from previous institutions
  • Transfer Credit Report
  • Government issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
  • Test scores (EPT/ELM*, SAT, SAT II, AP, MDPT, etc…) if applicable
  • Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
  • Sunscreen
  • Any medication you may need
  • Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)

Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?

There are a few things you will need to do before school starts:

  • Complete "Agent of Change" training (link coming soon). If you do not complete this step, a registration hold will be placed on your account.
  • Pay your fees.

Ask Billy

Ask Billy