Transfer Orientation Checklist
After you are admitted to Cal Poly Pomona
- Apply for Financial Aid using FAFSA no later than March 2.
- Pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) via BroncoDirect by May 1. You cannot register for Orientation until you pay your ECD.
- For more information on your housing options at Cal Poly Pomona, please check out University Village here and University Housing Services here.
- Register for Orientation via BroncoDirect beginning mid-April. The deadline to register for Orientation is June 1.
- Pay your Orientation Fee via BroncoDirect.
- Submit your test scores (SAT, ACT, AP, etc…) and your final official transcripts.
- All non-local freshmen must fill out information for housing. There will be a housing hold on your MyCPP/BroncoDirect preventing from getting advising and registering for classes.
- Complete the English Directed-Self Placement Survey. Be sure to write down the result of the survey and bring it to Orientation.
- Complete the Alcohol e-CheckUpToGo online assessment.
Two weeks before your orientation date
- You will receive an email with links for all of the following that you must complete:
- Your Online Orientation
- Your emergency contact and accommodations form
One week before your orientation date
- Check your Transfer Credit Report (TCR). The TCR articulates your previous instutiton(s) courses with CPP courses. Check if it is complete and accurate. For a video tutorial on how to access your TCR, please click here.
- Check your MyCPP for any registration holds. Resolve them before you come to orientation so that they will not interfere with your ability to register for classes.
- Print out your parking permit. The permit will be sent to you via email 1 week before your Orientation date.
- View the Orientation Schedule by downloading the free Guidebook app. (Link available in June.)
What should I bring to Orientation?
To make the best of your Orientation experience, we recommend you bring the following:
- Bring a copy of your Transfer Credit Report (TCR)
- Bronco ID number and password
- Unofficial transcripts from high school
- Government-issued photo ID card (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Test scores (SAT, SAT II, AP, ALEKS PPL, etc…)
- Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
- Any medication you may need
- Extra spending money (for bookstore items, snacks, etc…)
Is there anything I need to do after Orientation?
There are a few things you will need to do before school starts: