Music Department Open Position
Faculty Position Announcement: Part-Time/Temporary Lecturers
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
The Music Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites lecturers to become members of our part-time temporary lecturers pool.
- Classical, Jazz and Pop Styles, selected World Music Evidence of teaching effectiveness, especially in Principles of Economics
- Music Industry Studies courses: courses supporting Recording, Production, or Music Business; for examples see Industry Studies Option.
- General Education: Introduction to Music, Music Appreciation (world music based), World of Music
- Performance Ensembles: see Ensembles
- Music Major Academic courses: for examples see various sections Curriculum.
- For General Education classes and most academic Music Major courses: Master's Degree required, Doctorate preferred. Prior college teaching experience in music is desirable.
- For Studio, most Music Industry Studies courses, or many Performance Ensembles: Baccalaureate required, Master's or Doctorate preferred. Special expertise and experience are required.
Part-time, temporary lecturer appointments are usually made for one academic quarter (approximately 11 weeks) at fractions usually ranging from 4/15 to 12/15 of full-time; multiple quarter appointments are possible. Incumbents may be reappointed to subsequent quarters contingent upon funding and favorable performance evaluations.
How to Become a Member of the Applicant Pool
Candidates must submit originals of:
- a completed academic application. Please request an application form from or download application (PDF)
- a curriculum vitae
- three recent (dated within the past two years and at least one written within 12 months of the application) letters of reference;
- an official transcript ("Issued to Student" is not considered an official transcript) from an accredited educational institution showing highest degree earned.
Please address all inquiries, requests for application forms, and application materials to:
Dr. Iris S. Levine, Chair, Music Department
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Pomona, CA 91768