Safer Return at Cal Poly Pomona

Health and Wellbeing Resources

Physical and mental health remains a top priority at Cal Poly Pomona. Student Health and Wellbeing offers an array of services to students in both an in-person and an online environment. These services are provided by the Student Health Center, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), the Disability Resource Center, the Integrated Care Network, Survivor Advocacy Services, the Basic Needs Program and the Bronco Wellness Center (health education and promotion).

Basic Needs Emergency Grants are still available for currently enrolled students who have experienced an unforeseen emergency or crisis that has impacted their success. Students may apply for the grant by completing the application form.

To learn how to access these services, students are encouraged to visit the Health and Wellbeing website, which provides more information and links on how best to contact each department.

(Page updated 9/17/2021)

If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow these steps from the CDC to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community:

  1. Stay home except to get medical care
  2. Separate yourself from other people
  3. Monitor your symptoms

When to Seek Emergency Medical Attention

Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:

  • Trouble breathing
  • Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
  • New confusion
  • Inability to wake or stay awake
  • Bluish lips or face

*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.

Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.

Visit the CDC website for details on what to do if you feel sick.

Information about reporting and Incident Process maps are available on the reporting guide webpage.

If you have COVID-like symptoms or a potential close contact with COVID, there are many testing locations in Los Angeles County that are free or covered by insurance:

Visit LA County Public Health for more information about COVID testing.

Yes. The Health Center is also holding in-person appointments. Be advised that students must call (909) 869-4000 first.

If you are a student interested in inquiring about mental health services at CAPS please call us at 909-869-3220, email us at, or send us a direct private message to our Instagram or Twitter accounts (@cppcaps). Leave us your name, Bronco ID, an updated phone number, and a good time to reach you to make sure we connect with you as soon as possible.

If you are interested in speaking with a crisis counselor, please call us and let us know that you are interested in crisis management support during business hours (8-5pm) or call us and press 2 when prompted to speak with a live crisis counselor outside of business hours. If you require urgent assistance for a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911 or call Cal Poly Pomona University Police at 909-869-3070. For security reasons, please be aware that all phone communication from CAPS will come from a restricted number showing No Caller ID.

To begin this process, navigate to myDRC to complete a New Student Application. You'll be required to log-in with your Bronco username and password. If possible, please upload your disability documentation when submitting your application. A tutorial of the online process is available here.

The Basic Needs program supports one-time emergency grants for currently enrolled students facing financial hardship. Students can apply for the grant on the Basic Needs website.

Yes. All Cal Poly Pomona students in need are able to shop in person at the Poly Pantry’s temporary location inside the Bronco Student Center, Ursa Major (BSC, Bldg. 35-2611). This service is available by appointment only for Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3-7 p.m., and will be available for online registration at ASI Portal.

Basic Needs Emergency Grants are still available for currently enrolled students who have experienced an unforeseen emergency or crisis that has impacted their success. Students may apply for the grant by completing the application form.

The City of Pomona COVID-19 Action Committee has put together a comprehensive list of resources, including information on testing locations, drive-up and traditional food pantries, mental health services and more. This list is accessible online by visiting You may also gain additional information by calling the hotline at (909) 620-2311. 

In addition to the Bronco Dreamers Resource Center, two local organizations are providing resources: Pomona Economic Opportunity Center and UncommonGood. 

Basic Needs and Undocumented Students Services are providing emergency funding for undocumented students who have been impacted by COVID-19. Funding is available to undocumented students who meet eligibility criteria. Fill out the intake form online. You can also email for more info.